Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I gotta tell you, I got rid of my Daytona and went back to my simple ways. I went back to having a nice off road vehicle and a nice hunting/fishing vehicle. I went back to a Jeep.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have been looking the new sahara (the extended one) and thinking about trading my charger for it. Too manay crazy drives "uninsured" in miami, the capital of the reckless driving of the continental USA.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Change Your Sig Then!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
How Can You Compare Your Chargers With A Jeep????????

·
Registered
690 Posts
There is no comparison. Just like the jeeps as well. In my case we like to go camping and beach hoping quite often. I wont be doing that with the charger. I like the outdoors as well as I hate the Miami drivers

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Where was I when you were trying to get rid of your GO-MAN-GO? I got a Jada toys one sitting in my living room. Would've LOVED to have it's replica in the garage...or vice versa. Jeeps are great for mud exploration, I've always found....ALWAYS!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the Charger without thinking it through. I am much happier with the Jeep. I know I won't sit through the winter looking at my garage thinking of how I am making payments on something that isn't being driven. Also, these cars are not holding their values. Jeeps on the other hand hold their value, and I know jeeps that have been on the road for 100's of thousands of miles. I don't think the Charger could hold up to that. I am not a Charger Hater, I am just more in my element. Trucks, SUV's, and Jeeps.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I bought the Charger without thinking it through. I am much happier with the Jeep. I know I won't sit through the winter looking at my garage thinking of how I am making payments on something that isn't being driven. Also, these cars are not holding their values. Jeeps on the other hand hold their value, and I know jeeps that have been on the road for 100's of thousands of miles. I don't think the Charger could hold up to that. I am not a Charger Hater, I am just more in my element. Trucks, SUV's, and Jeeps.
The choice is obvious....

http://www.jeep.com/en/2007/grand_cherokee/models/srt8/index.html

:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Im not saying jeeps are not great I had one back in 98 (was an all white hard top jeep) I LOVED it.... but I just cant compare it to my charger..... its way cooler :D

·
Registered
769 Posts
To each his own. Enjoy though.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
when they put the 5.7 in the rubicon then ill buy a jeep...the charger stands no chance then sorry to say it but hey the 5.7 in a rubicon would be freakin awesome...:grin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I luckily have the best of both right now. My 95 YJ is used as daily driver and the charger is used for fun. The only thing that sucks is they both get about the same gas milage, and the jeep is an old 4 banger. That really hurts the old wallet with an 80 mi. daily commute. It is a bummer to make payments on a car while it sits in the garage all winter, but I still keeping my Daytona. I just do not want to drive a small econo box anymore, I drove two of them for 14 years straight and got burned out with them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well folks, I gotta tell you, I got rid of my Daytona and went back to my simple ways. I went back to having a nice off road vehicle and a nice hunting/fishing vehicle. I went back to a Jeep.
We're trying to sell our 2001 Jeep Wrangler b/c we got the Charger...couldn't get what we wanted with trade-in...we have a 33'' rubicon lift on it and we're selling it w/the Mickey Thompsons as well as the stock wheels that have brand new tires on them and both the factory hard top and the Best-top soft top. Trade in value wouldn't account for the extras that we're selling with it.

The Charger was a MUCH BETTER choice for us...and so far, it's been even more fun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
when they put the 5.7 in the rubicon then ill buy a jeep...the charger stands no chance then sorry to say it but hey the 5.7 in a rubicon would be freakin awesome...:grin:
American Expedition Vehicles should have a conversion by the end of this year.

To the guy who uses his old Jeep to commute... Why? The Charger is much more comfortable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are two big reasons I drive the jeep daily. The first one is to keep the mileage down on the car. The jeep has over 20600 miles on her so who cares how many more she racks up, and second reason most importantly is it helps reduce the chance of trouble ( tickets etc.) I would eventually get driving the charger daily. The sound of that Hemi WOT is iresistable!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts