Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... posted some questions on another thread about a supercharger kit I am thinking about but got no responses... :notallthere:

Did some homework on my own though and spoke with Sam at BMC Performance ( http://www.bmcspeedshop.com ) in Florida who gave me some good options. Here's what the final project is going to be:

Vortech V-3 Supercharger Kit in a satin finish with the standard Vortech tune
Vortech Maxflow Bypass Kit
ProParts A-Pillar 2 Guage Pod
AeroForce Interceptor Guages (two)
AeroForce Boost Sensor (run to the guages for the supercharger)
AeroForce O2 sensor (Air/Fuel Ratio)

Already in the SRT8 is A Corsa cat back system. I also have an AiRaid Cold Air Intake that will have to be sold (it has only been in there for 1500 miles!) and I have a Predator Tune in there (also has to go now b/c the kit comes with a Predator). In the end, the exhaust will stay and should sound that much better!

I am going with the satin finish so that it matches the stock intake. I rather do that that to have to spend another $1000 to polish the intake.

The MaxFlow is for efficiency and, frankly, the sound. The higher flow bypass might be a bit more than I need but it's worth it.

Last, on the AeroForce Guages, I am leaning towards a pair of Interceptors instead of one Analogic and one Interceptor. With the pair, I will have two analog inputs per gauge and it will let me run the Boost and Air/Fuel and still have to spare analog ports left for the future. I am planning on spending the last bit of $$ to get the aluminum faces with the SRT logo and the aluminum bezels to make it match the stock as much as possible. The LED on the guages will be Blue/Black.

I will be finalizing everything Monday with the folks at BMC (awesome help so far from them) and we are targeting to get everything installed in mid-May.

I'll post the questions I had again plus one more...... Hopefully, I'll get some response this time.... :bowdown:

The Charger has just 4,000 miles... Am I crazy? Should I wait?

What am I adding in maintenance costs?

Is there anything else I should do to the car to improve reliabilty with the added power?

On the AeroForce guages.... Am I correct in assuming that I can go with the daisy chained Interceptors and use one analog port on each one?

Thanks in advance for the help.....

Needless to say I am going to be taking photos of the final install and letting everyone know how it goes...... I feel like a kid counting down for Christmas! Hope this is as good as I expect it to be....

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You will love the Vortech, looking forward to the install!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as a quick update...... parts are now on order! We added a catch can and the needed lines. We also decided on the pair of Interceptor guages.

Now it's just a couple of weeks to get the goodies installed.

It was great meeting you guys (Mikey and Sam) at BMC!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much for everything?
Some things are simply not discussed..:D..BMC was good though and you can check the prices for the kit, guages, sensors and pod on their site.... Check it out and you'll have the costs. The install costs will vary....but I feel the price was fair for the install. Add the fact that they are a Vortech "Top Tier" installer, and I am good. I am getting the 3/36 warranty with it so I needed to go with the top tier.

Bottom line, I wanted a quality install b/c Iwas not going to do it myself.

I'd call BMC though.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol... Current tires only have 4k miles.... I should be good for at least a month.... Lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Might want to invest in some 1/2 shafts boss. People are breaking them with way less power.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might want to invest in some 1/2 shafts boss. People are breaking them with way less power.
The 2009 an 2010 SRT8's have the Getrag LSD's a some heavier shafts. How much better? That is a good question. I am not planning to run drag radials..... just street tires.....I am expecting to be good. That's what I am tol so far....

I don't know if anybody has run on the 2009 or 2010 stock Getrag and half shafts though....

I've got some cash on reserve..... just in case..... however....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK.... On a separate note....... There have been some delays... We are still waiting on the kit. We are hoping to have it done a week later. You guys are going to have to wait a bit more for some info on the install and kit.... sorry... Trust me though... the wait is worse for me! I am praying to the Hemi Gods daily to see what they can do for me! :bowdown:

I did get a chance to dyno the car though an have a baseline to work from. Right now I am at 370HP and 372 ft-lbs of Torque. That is with nothing but the Corsa and a CAI.

I am looking for 100HP at the wheels. Let's see if it can happen....Vortech says it can......... I hope so.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy crap...... 6 weeks..... I really hope I am not waiting that long!

I will definately get a dyno run on the Vortech tune though. I'll post it as part of the install.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How much boost do you plan to run? what about the fuel rails in these car....what are they good to? I can't wait to see the build...best of luck..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The kit changes out the injectors and goes to high-flow fuel injectors. You get a new MAP sensor & the fuel pump gets a voltage booster. The rails stay as the stock units. I don't know what the max would be on them. I doubt that I will ever get high enough to change them out though.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE:

Was at lunch when I gave BMC a call to see if my prayers to the Hemi Gods :bowdown: helped at all...... they did.... Thanks (to BMC) for the great news!

Mikey confirmed that the kit and guages all came in. I will be dropping the car off on Monday!!!

I will see about setting up the thread, next week, for the install and results after the mandatory Dyno run......

For now... for the sake of science and knowledge sharing with my fellow forum mates :D I will be making a few 0-60 runs as baselines..... assuming we don't have to swim in South Florida this week....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well here it is! Dropped off the car at BMC this morning and the install has begun! Unfortunately, I can't be there holding my baby's hand as it goes through the install...:scratchhead: I have to work..... go figure... I've got to pay for it somehow.....

In any event here is the shot of the kit...

The guages going in..... the SRT logo looks awesome and the guage faces match the stock really well.... All good!

The guys at :bowdown: BMC let me hang around a bit and watch the beginning of the process... This is what the car looked like when I left....

The injectors were swapped out and the plugs all gapped and back in the car. The crank was getting pinned and that's as far as I got....

The BMC team is going to be taking plenty of photos (Thanks Mike! Can't ask for better service than that! :beerchug: ). All the install info will be coming soon! My lead foot......soon there after.... :banana:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Luisv Your going to love it! Great choice on the shop for install they are top notch! Also next time your in there can you hug the Gray Charger in there for me cause I miss my car! Great choice on the SC it's a very sneaky SC people don't hear it and by the time they figure out what happened your GONE!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Its looking good Luis...we are going to have to get a little photoshoot of all the Vortech Powered rides at BMC this week..If I count correctly I think there will be 6 Vortech Powered Hemi's through ths shop this week and next!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Best of luck...I had an 03 cobra for 3 years..and modded it until it had 650 at the rear tires...a lot of things sneak up on you when you add power. You will need tires...cars slower than you will beat you because you are spinning.You are using the Stock block so the boost will stay on the lower side. The car will be a blast, be careful at first until you get used to it. Pics of your build !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts