Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got a freaking ticket for no front plate. I'm pist off the cop could have got me for tails and front tint but he was cool cause because he didn't. Any one have any ideas so I don't have to make holes in the bumper and I know this is probably in the wrong section but I take it as an exterior mod that I'm going to have to do LoL............

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could possibly display it in your windshield... Or twist tie it onto the grille... OR go with the "If you can't duck it, **** it" saying and duct tape it to your bumper :p

Other than that, Idk.

·
Registered
79 Posts
zip tie it to ur grill... got one not to long ago in the integra... even tho the plate was up in the windshield... there up to $50 now!!
What a lame reason to give sum1 a ticket. Any reason as to why they can't accept the plate behind the windshield?

·
Registered
519 Posts
What a lame reason to give sum1 a ticket. Any reason as to why they can't accept the plate behind the windshield?
Well he had pulled me over for no plate, front window tint and the car was to low... but he let me go for everything else and just gave me the no plate ticket... so i didnt ask lol

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zip tie it to ur grill... got one not to long ago in the integra... even tho the plate was up in the windshield... there up to $50 now!!
Dam, $50 for the fix it ticket? I don't even have a plate, can I just go to the dmv and get one?

·
Registered
210 Posts
man that sucks. They want the front one on so the camara can get the pic with the drivers face. Sorry you live in the People's Republic of Calli!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I got popped for no plate like 2 months ago and it was still 25$

use 2 sided tape and just go to your local chp office to get it sighned off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i put felt around my second plate with super glue, the have it up on my front window, never had a problem with it soo i hope i never do,

P.S. the felt is to not scratch the dash

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I got popped for no plate like 2 months ago and it was still 25$

use 2 sided tape and just go to your local chp office to get it sighned off.
That's what I did when I got my no front plate ticket back in November last year. A little double sided tape, stopped at the local PD, got it signed off and mailed it in. I know it cost me $10 at the local PD for them to sign off and then another $10 for LAPD.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Chp sighned mine fir free and I went to the traffic division myself to pay the fine

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I did when I got my no front plate ticket back in November last year. A little double sided tape, stopped at the local PD, got it signed off and mailed it in. I know it cost me $10 at the local PD for them to sign off and then another $10 for LAPD.
So, I can just grab some double side tape and put it on like that? What about if they come close to the car and notice there are no screws that its tape, I don't want them to refuse to sign cause its a possibility that I'll remove it again....

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
They can't refuse to sign it off. If it's mounted on tge front of tge car your good. You could use 3m but I would put it on line a block away and then take it back off as soon as you leave so it dosent become a chore to remove.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They can't refuse to sign it off. If it's mounted on tge front of tge car your good. You could use 3m but I would put it on line a block away and then take it back off as soon as you leave so it dosent become a chore to remove.
Hey bro, I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you meant by the underlined sentence. Could you please explain again....:beerchug:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
The underlined part is just directions for ease of removal and no, they shouldn't be able to not sign it off, because as the law states it has to be affixed to the front of the car which it would be. I used about 20 3M double sided tape sqaures because I needed to get from my house to the police station and I hopped onto the freeway to see if it would hold and it did. I would try it anyways and if they say anything about it then try a different option.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The underlined part is just directions for ease of removal and no, they shouldn't be able to not sign it off, because as the law states it has to be affixed to the front of the car which it would be. I used about 20 3M double sided tape sqaures because I needed to get from my house to the police station and I hopped onto the freeway to see if it would hold and it did. I would try it anyways and if they say anything about it then try a different option.
Cool, I'm going to do that cause I really don't want holes in the front bumper. When you did it did you use the Mopar front brake plate or just double side taped it on with the plate only....?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I just taped it directly to the bumper, I didn't use the bracket at all. Just tape it off towards one side so you don't have to deal with the bend in the center. I know the dealer gave me a bracket when I bought the car, but it probably got thrown out right when I got home after I bought the car.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just taped it directly to the bumper, I didn't use the bracket at all. Just tape it off towards one side so you don't have to deal with the bend in the center. I know the dealer gave me a bracket when I bought the car, but it probably got thrown out right when I got home after I bought the car.

Alright, I'm going to try that out and see how it goes. Thanks for your help bro...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I planned on having my cover holes filled and loosing the front plate (it does look way better) but then you gotta go through this mess.. pulled over, tickets, fines, getting signed off and then the cycle starts all over plus you kinda feel like a dork if the same dude pulls you over again.

Time is money in my world so I'm just gonna paint the oem bracket body color to better blend in.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts