Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have suggestions as to places to visit or eat in the Asheville area?

Me and the wife are doing a little get away and have never been there.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could go check out the Biltmore House. If you've never been, its pretty sweet. Also the Grove Park Inn is very nice

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
You'll want to take a drive on the Blue Ridge Highway too. And I highly suggest the Sunday brunch at the Grove Park Inn. It's very expensive but it was the best I've ever had! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, you will want to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. In fact, I'm gonna clean my new SRT on Friday and then take it on the Parkway for some pictures. I can barely wait.

And it is a bit away, but I do highly recommend going to the Dragon. I went on it with my friends Evo one time, and it was one of the coolest days of my life.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes! You must do the Dragon!!! I done it on my Honda VTX 1800 and want to do it in my Charger. It's a blast!! Well it is on a bike, just have to be more careful on a motorcycle. Blueridge is a nice drive, done it about 2 years ago, went to go see family that live in Burnsville, NC, well I should say that's where we originated from, there and Ashville. The wife and I stayed at a Holiday Inn. Then went to teach a physic's class on cold fusion, the Dean of the college asked me if I went to Harvard or some big college and I told him "No", "I stayed at a Holiday Inn" :grin: (Sorry, it was there).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Asheville is OK, but the rest of western North Carolina is great!
We drove to Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Hendersonville (for the Apple festival) and the best part...

Yeh....I know, its hard to read the sign...it say's "Deals's Gap"!

Yes...we drove the Dragon's Tail! 318 turns in 11 miles! You guys are going to love it when we all go up there next spring!

Sorry no actual pictures or video of the drive though...Rena was too busy holding her hands over her mouth and saying things like: "slow down...you're going to kill us us!" (or "get a ticket"; I never went faster than maybe 45) and "I think I'm going to throw up!".

There were lots of pro photographers on the road, so hopefully one of them will post a pic in the next week or two.

As far as police on the tail, I saw 4 pairs of them, for a total of 8. They were, for the most part, parked in the shade, taking it easy. This is not to say that they wouldn't have pulled someone over if they didn't have a reason!

The weather was beautiful...about 10-15 degrees cooler than in Georgia and we had a blast!

More pix:
Just west of Maggie Valley...

Somewhere on the Smoky Mountain Parkway...

Me and the Mrs. with our clothes on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts