Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
22's or 20's for this Rim.. Opinions Appreciated.

Hello,

I'm looking to replace my stock 20' clad rims with some Savini Bm4 Blacked out Wheels, and I'm unsure whether to get the 20's or 22's. I know the "optimal" performance size is 20, but I really like the look of a filled wheel well. I have a 2013 black charger and I'm going for the black out look.

The only problem I heard with 22's is that you really feel the bumps in the road, and it makes your car ride significantly rougher from 20's, and it doesn't corner as well. I don't like the idea of scraping my wheel well on a turn as well. I don't think that'd happen with 22's though... also, With murdered out windows and a loud exhaust, the 22's would really make me look thug... negative attention.

What are your opinions? How much will the ride change from 20's to 22's? I really love the ride of my car right now, I have the sport tuned suspension and it rides great on the 20's. Also, I live in California so cold weather and snow aren't really a problem. My car is an SXT for those wondering about performance losses....

This is the wheel I've decided on : http://www.wheelplususa.com/wheels/Black_Di_Forza/BM4/Matte+Black

Thanks for the feedback:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have 20's right now so I can't tell anything about 22's but I haven't had any problem with 20's and for me it's perfect.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Im pretty sure the usual tire size run on 22" rims is 265/35/22 if so they are only going to fill the wheel well 0.4 in more than a 275/40/20.
filling your whell wells requires lowering the car. just my .2cents

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm looking to get 22s as well, I figure to get 20s, I might as well keep my clads...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you lose alot of performance?

·
Registered
80 Posts
22s jus to fill the wheel gap in my opinion doesn't seem the way to go. I would think the ride wouldn't be all to great without a suspension upgrade. 20s are perfect but to each there own.
20s with a good lowing kit is the direction I'm headed and the way most should go or have already. Deciding between BC Racing or the Eibach Sportline. I also heard Street Edge makes some good ones as well.
Now remember, with lowering your car, expect to feel bumps. Its kind of a love/hate relationship when upgrading suspension. I upgraded my RT to SRT suspension and it is very noticeable, but its something I can live with with the added performance. I expect it to even get bumpier when I finally upgrade to one of the ones I list.

Sorry for the novel, but jus my few cents. :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I made a post earlier this week but wasn't getting the responses I was looking for.... I have a 2013 sxt charger with stock 20" chrome clad wheels. I hate the look of chrome (No offense to you chrome lovers), i just think its the #1 way to make your car look like **** and low class. Sorry. Anyways, I've decided on Savini Di Forza BM4 Black Wheels... http://www.elementwheels.com/proddetail.asp?prod=bdf-bm42290blk

Will upgrading from my 20' chrome clads to 22's that are black (therefore lighter than chrome) make me drop power? Considering I only have the 3.6L v6, I need all the power I can get. I know the ride will be significantly rougher, but I like the sporty feel. I live in CA and the roads aren't TOO bad like everyone exaggerates.... I'm just afraid I'm gonna put 22's on my car and its gonna corner like ****, and lose a whole half second/ second acceleration... I got a 5.9 0-60 and I'd like to keep it that way. Sacrificing my acceleration for cool rims isn't worth it to me, but I will sacrifice my ride.

I LOVE the look of 22's and hate when wheel wells aren't filled, but i'd be pissed if I lost a second in acceleration. I don't have the big bad SRT8 or R/T so I value all the speed I can get out of my engine lol.... some would say go 20's and lower it with coilovers but I hate lowered cars. Not an option for me.

So, will going from 20's to 22's make me lose acceleration dramatically? or barely noticable (.1-.3 seconds)... Also, If I got 22's, I wouldn't go cheap on tires... I'd go top of the line, Michelin all Sports or Pirelli Zero Scorpions... No cheap **** for me.

Thank you and I appreciate the feedback

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Will upgrading from my 20' chrome clads to 22's that are black (therefore lighter than chrome) make me drop power?
Yes.

Chrome-clads are actually plastic over a smaller footprint metal. The diameter change you've done isn't a good thing at all for performance. The math involved is complicated though.

Still, it doesn't matter, does it? You've done what you've done before the research.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You'll lose some speed..I've seen varying results. Another member just posted he lost .3 on his 0-60 while comparing 18" wheels to 22" wheels. The ride isn't that rough, people exaggerate..a I have many friends who are on 22s and the ride isn't bad at all.

Does the slight loss of speed bother you that much? That's what you have to consider. You aren't racing your car so the loss of speed shouldn't really matter. But again that's all up you you brother! If you don't like them you can always go back to stock and sell the 22s..or trade with somebody.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes.

Chrome-clads are actually plastic over a smaller footprint metal. The diameter change you've done isn't a good thing at all for performance. The math involved is complicated though.

Still, it doesn't matter, does it? You've done what you've done before the research.

Excuse me, maybe you should go back and open your ****ing eyes and go back to grade school to learn how to read. I said i'm CONSIDERING upgrading my 20's to 22's, not that I already have.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Excuse me, maybe you should go back and open your ****ing eyes and go back to grade school to learn how to read. I said i'm CONSIDERING upgrading my 20's to 22's, not that I already have.
You're new here. Don't be a jerk. Especially while you're the one asking for our help. You've got a potty mouth and an attitude. That combination won't get you far. Since you've brought up literary skills, it's time to smoke you just because you picked the wrong good-natured guy at the wrong moment. I encourage you to read the entirety that follows because while I am excruciatingly pedantic throughout, I thoroughly make the point that reading-comprehension isn't one of my weaknesses. There's the slightest hint of a suggestion that perhaps... I didn't pay nearly as much attention to the details of your post as I should have. Instead of replying to your actual question, I should have... become your editor.

"I made a post earlier this week but wasn't getting the responses I was looking for.... I have a 2013 sxt charger with stock 20" chrome clad wheels."

End your sentence at "looking for" with a period. The second sentence is just that; a sentence. It isn't a continuation of a thought so a semicolon or an ellipsis (which incidentally would be three periods in sequence, not four) are both inappropriate. You should hyphenate "chrome-clad".

"I hate the look of chrome (No offense to you chrome lovers), i just think its the #1 way to make your car look like **** and low class. Sorry."

Is there a reason beyond inaccuracy and ineptitude that compels you to capitalize the first word within your parenthetical aside? To be specific, I refer to the bit of entertaining text you inexplicably and erroneously place in parentheses instead of properly using a pair of hyphens to temporary interruption of thought.

"Anyways, I've decided on Savini Di Forza BM4 Black Wheels... http://www.elementwheels.com/proddet...f%2Dbm42290blk"

Excellent. You've made a decision. How very decisive of you. Not considering: decided. Very good. You've also decided to capitalize "wheels", neither of which should be, and to end a sentence with an ellipsis for no reason. The product is also called "Savini Black Di Forza BM4" but I'm certain you knew that perfectly well and intentionally typed it incorrectly so as to tip off educated readers just how well-researched you are.

"Will upgrading from my 20' chrome clads to 22's that are black (therefore lighter than chrome) make me drop power?"

Taking a momentary break from grammatical issues one has but to ponder over the elegant logic that this gem of a sentence evokes. Chrome being a material substance and black being a colour, this construct necessitates a bit of contemplation. Perhaps the eloquent composer of said sequence of carefully chosen words means to use chrome also in the sense of a colour. In such an interpretation - and the reader greatly appreciates the challenging opportunity to interpret in lieu of the writer doing the heavy lifting of making himself understood - there is a beautiful symmetry of noun-usage that may completely blind one to the simple fact that the information so interpreted still makes no sense contextually. How can a simple change of colour be thought to impact power? Alas, given that question one must realize that the sentence is in fact incoherent and that one must simply "know what I mean" instead of being able to "read what I wrote".

"Considering I only have the 3.6L v6, I need all the power I can get. I know the ride will be significantly rougher, but I like the sporty feel."

Superfluous commas are as artistic vines around the edging of a fine book. Consistent usage of such to break up lengthy thoughts that would evidently be excessively large to fit in the author's mind is admirable.

"I live in CA and the roads aren't TOO bad like everyone exaggerates...."

"Everyone exaggerates," the author wrote. Such a compelling simultaneous use of alliteration and hyperbole is to be applauded. Clearly we are witnessing the work of a wordsmith of greatest order. The self-referential recursion (a recursive redundancy itself) is most witty. Also, please see above regarding improper use of ellipses.

"I'm just afraid I'm gonna put 22's on my car and its gonna corner like ****, and lose a whole half second/ second acceleration..."

I would like to donate an apostrophe to the above sentence but then there would be one too many. Instead I'll elect to move it from "22's" where it should not be present to "its", where it most certainly should. Once that sad bit of editing is done I will glaze over the non-word "gonna", skip over the eloquent usage of profanity that most certainly conveys a sense of the author's brilliance and artistry, shake my head in consternation at the improbably mangled construct wherein the author manages to prepend "whole" onto "half second" which should be hyphenated into "half-second", puzzle for but a moment at the odd space inserted after the slash, and finally exultantly slide into home finding the first correct ellipsis in the entire composition.

"I got a 5.9 0-60 and I'd like to keep it that way. Sacrificing my acceleration for cool rims isn't worth it to me, but I will sacrifice my ride."

Given the excellent quality expressed thus-far, this humble editor was aghast to find this sentence starting off as poorly as it did. Indeed, I was forced to take extensive pause to study "I got a" in the glorious context of the complete work to try to determine if the author would prefer to correct his (no doubt) deliberate inaccuracy to become "I've got a" or "I have a", or even a more formal "I have got a". This pair of sentences comes with yet another bonus comma for the reader to enjoy.

"I LOVE the look of 22's and hate when wheel wells aren't filled, but i'd be pissed if I lost a second in acceleration."

Humbleness is admirable but one should nonetheless capitalize the first-person pronoun.

"I don't have the big bad SRT8 or R/T so I value all the speed I can get out of my engine lol...."

LOL indeed, good fellow. And such a muscular right pinky you must have, with all the excessive exercise exhibited expressing erroneous ellipses. Apologies; the author's earlier brief use of alliteration inspired this editor to pay homage to the art.

"some would say go 20's and lower it with coilovers but I hate lowered cars."

Remove the bonus apostrophe and this sentence would be very nearly the first without error. It's not; the sentence-fragment "Sorry" appearing much earlier would be. An impressive state, given its single-word structure. In fact I'd like to spoil the surprise-ending of my editing pass though your post: the one-word sentence "sorry" is in fact the only error-free bit of prose you manage to produce anywhere in your original post.

"Not an option for me."

This sentence no subject. I take this moment to point out that the previous sentence is deliberately invalid, referencing the classic "this sentence no verb" meme. Indeed, at times art does mandate inaccuracy.

"So, will going from 20's to 22's make me lose acceleration dramatically?"

Given that there will be laughter and tears, the drama will be nearly as overwhelming as the repeated incorrect pluralization of numbers you are enamoured with.

" or barely noticable (.1-.3 seconds)... "

Questions end with question marks. New sentences start with capital letters. Statements end with periods but to be clear, a single statement ends with a single period... unlike your sentence containing a mangled version of "noticeable".

"Also, If I got 22's, I wouldn't go cheap on tires..."

Previous failure to capitalize a first-person pronoun "I" doesn't justify arbitrarily capitalizing the same vowel when found in the word "if" while found in the middle of this otherwise scintillating sentence.

"I'd go top of the line, Michelin all Sports or Pirelli Zero Scorpions..."

An excellent place to put a colon - scatological sub-contexts aside - would be in the place of the comma found above. "All" should be capitalized if it's intended to be a part of a product named "All-Sports", which isn't (upon brief research) made by Michelin. Given you've done such exquisite research on this topic before seeking forum advice, your misspelling of Pirelli's company name likely falls into the category of art, as is your transposition of the two product name components which would otherwise be "Scorpion Zeroes".

"No cheap **** for me."

I cannot agree more exuberantly. I would enthusiastically support any petition to provide you only the most expensive ****.

"Thank you and I appreciate the feedback"

It is with the greatest pleasure that I provide you the feedback you so graciously have earned. With it I would like to donate the following gift:

Feel free to place that period at the end of your last sentence so that it too may join the virtual army of its fellows who have similarly required my correction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I am going to take the time to let you know how hopelessly retarded you are. You are an adult and still driving a charger; I am a college student and driving a brand new charger. I worked for my car, and at 19 I own nicer things than you. You are very unsuccessful, and maybe you should work a little harder in life and buy a car more appropriate for someone your age. You should stop being so infatuated with your car as well-- it's pathetic. Maybe one day you can afford a German engineered car, but I highly doubt it considering your vast ignorance.

Ban me from this website, I really do not give a ****. I am attending a UC school for Biology and will be a doctor driving a car faster than your car will ever be capable of going. These are forums-- I am not writing a dissertation and I didn't feel the need to use proper grammar.

Stop trying to condescend on a 19 year old kid that owns the same car as you.

Stop modding a 2008 car and maybe buy a new srt8? Oh wait... you can't afford one.

Now go ahead and waste another 15 minutes of your life crafting some smart ass response and calling me out for any grammatical errors I made throughout here, I really don't care what some old unsuccessful know it all has to say. You could've just given me feedback, but instead you had to be an ass. Now its my turn buddy. Go cry to your wife about the debt you still have to pay and the joke of a car you own. Later.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
This doctor is a fail durrrhhhurr
Lol at this dumb thread and op just get ur dumb wheels

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Haha anguish was a little harsh! None the less, this thread is hilarious.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Jsteeze, not trying to antagonize you here just wanna inform about what you posted regarding upgrading to a German car. The 2006-2010 chargers were from the Mercedes Benz (german) collaboration with Chrysler. Pretty much the older MBZ e-Class.

Just alot badder lookin' :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts