Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally made the call for an appointment to go to the dealer for them to look at my brakes.
Started to get the old "vibration in the steering wheel when braking on the highway" syndrome.....warped rotors I'd assume....

...of which better be under warranty since I only have 6990 miles on the car (2008)

Since day one I never felt that these brakes were good at all to stop this thing. Since Im going to the dealer are there any new "updated" pads for the Daytona's that I might make mention to them? Anyone hear any info on this?

Thanks in advance!

PS----wish me luck on Monday ;)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm in the same boat...my base RT brakes leave me wanting. Speeds up great! Slowing down...not so much.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep! The warranty should be 12 months 12k miles.
If there is a possible issue with the safety then the 12000/12 month does not apply. I would ask them to sign a statement stating the brakes are safe. My Nissan Titan had brake jitter and they replaced the rotors and calipers at almost 50K miles.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Why on Earth would you want to go to the dealer and have them replace your warped rotors with exactly the same parts that warped in the first place? I just got aftermarket parts (Hawk HPS pads and Raybestos rotors).

·
Registered
112 Posts
If there is a possible issue with the safety then the 12000/12 month does not apply. I would ask them to sign a statement stating the brakes are safe. My Nissan Titan had brake jitter and they replaced the rotors and calipers at almost 50K miles.
Warped rotors are not a safety issue.

As an ex Nissan/Infiniti tech I can tell you that Nissan extended the warranty to 60k on the brakes for these issues. For the longest time they required 3 rotor machinings before the rotors could be replaced or else they would deny paying the claim to the dealer. They finally allowed rotor replacement on the 1st trip. IMHO they were trying to see if they could out-run the warranty with the band aid repair. Bottom line, the rotors were too small for them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Why on Earth would you want to go to the dealer and have them replace your warped rotors with exactly the same parts that warped in the first place? I just got aftermarket parts (Hawk HPS pads and Raybestos rotors).
cause they're free!! mine are doing the same thing at 18k and 12 months old. Calling the dealer and also writing Chrysler/Dodge about their krappy chit!! Brake pads should last longer then one year and rotors should last at least 2. didnt replace rotors on my pathfinder at all until about 60k. no wonder they're #3!:slap:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm at the dealership now. Front rotors need to be resurfaced and the rears are shot to hell and back and are being replaced. All under warranty. Car has been I'm service for 9 months 8943 miles. I'll have to baby the brakes now that I know they can't take much.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well, they turned the front rotors and replaced the rear rotors. No squeak, no vibration braking from highway speeds. All covered under warranty.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
cause they're free!! mine are doing the same thing at 18k and 12 months old. Calling the dealer and also writing Chrysler/Dodge about their krappy chit!! Brake pads should last longer then one year and rotors should last at least 2. didnt replace rotors on my pathfinder at all until about 60k. no wonder they're #3!:slap:
"Free" is a very relative term. I don't know about you, but my time is definitely NOT free. Having to dork around with the service writer, wait for the techs to fix it, and then all the jackassing back and forth for drop-off/pick-up just isn't worth it for me for such a relatively cheap fix. When I KNOW they'll use the same substandard parts to fix it "for free," that just makes it even less appetizing. So for $200 in parts and the freedom to fix it when it was convenient for me, I chose to go with aftermarket parts and well under an hour of my time from start to finish...including the trip to the parts store for the rotors.

*shrug*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts