Charger Forums banner

Gnarly Story, Questions on Drifting V6...

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Part Deux 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, as y'all know i got a 2013 charger sxt.... I got the sport mode and a mopar CAI.....

So yesterday, I was with my buddy and I decided to see if my car could drift.... Me being the smart guy I am (notttt) turned off traction control, cranked the car in sport mode, GUNNED it full throttle (mistake #1) and cranked my wheel hard to the left..... I lost complete traction and the body roll was ****ing insane! I'm new to the road and that was just ridiculous.... to anyone saying the charger SXT can't drift, you're so incredibly wrong.... After cranking it left I literally spun out and almost ran into like 6 parked cars like the ultimate dumbass ... My question is, why did I spin out so hard? I believe its cause I didn't steer opposite to the drift .... But my car felt like it was hydroplaning and it was ****ing SCARY!!!!

Anyways, I think traction control is staying on for a while, I'll just to stick to going fast :rolleyes2:

#2 ·
Doesn't sound very safe at all! If you are ever gonna do something crazy there is abandoned parking lots somewhere. Trust me when I do my no esp I get scared taking turns to quick. We can fishtail in our cars pretty damn good, just takes some getting used to!

#3 ·
You can't just drift successfully in all season tires, drifting is a controlled slide. What you did was not controlled haha! Like you said, you spun out, any car can do that :D

Brace supports will help with that body roll too and suspension.

#4 ·
What you did was a "donut" not a "drift." ;)

Next time, do it in an empty parking lot, and get video!
Oh, and start saving money for new tires. :grin:

#7 ·
Inertia is a wicked lesson :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.