Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but this may be long...

My engine dropped a rod, the local Dodge dealer would not repair it. They insisted on replacing the engine. As a result I refused their service and performed the engine repairs myself. KBB value on a trade in is between $7K and $8K, the sales manager offered me $1.5K because of the needed engine work. KBB resale value is between $10.8K and $11.8K, I have seen them selling for up to $15K this year.

The car has every option except DVD, I have the window sticker if you want to see it. I'm going by memory because I'm not near my files but the original price was $35,700. The car has 142,000 miles on it, and has been kept in showroom condition. There is a small, small dent on the driver's side door. This repair was quoted by a body shop to cost $800 to fix. The front bumper has 2 small tears next to the license plate from kissing another car. Interior is spotless, the bluetooth and voice command no longer works. Upgraded to Wilwood brakes just this year $1,915 cost.

I intend to purchase a 2012 Super Bee after this is sold. I am just giving the forum folks first shot at it before I go public.

I would like $10,500 for it but all serious offers will be considered.

Jim

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So tell me, what is the issue scaring people off this car? Is it the mileage? The fact the engine was repaired? I think this is a great price for this car, am I wrong?

Please give me advise before I post it elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It's only been 3 days since you posted it...and it's the middle of the Summer vacation season. Give it a little time. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's only been 3 days since you posted it...and it's the middle of the Summer vacation season. Give it a little time. :)
I guess I was worried that I used bad form. :)

Someone can delete this thread. The car is not for sale anymore. I am putting a 6.1L in it and I will keep it for a while longer :)

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Closed per OP request

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.