Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone online wouldn't mind helping, I just installed the ipod Mod and everything is peaches and cream. I am just about to chew my arm off getting this &_^*ing glovebox back in. Does anyone mind giving this incompetent fool the directions to reinstall this possessed thing!

I will be anxiously waiting....please hurry though. I only have one more arm left to chew!!!!!!!

I'm headed for the liquer cabinet.

I will be checking back regularly. Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Hmm, don't recall it being terribly complicated but it's been a while. There are 2 hinges that you should be able to just snap into place on the bottom of the glove box. Then compress the side tabs (from the "outside") and push the box into place. Once that's done, there's a string on the right that prevents the box from just dropping down; you push the round end into the hole in the right side of the box, then slide it up to lock into place.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, don't recall it being terribly complicated but it's been a while. There are 2 hinges that you should be able to just snap into place on the bottom of the glove box. Then compress the side tabs (from the "outside") and push the box into place. Once that's done, there's a string on the right that prevents the box from just dropping down; you push the round end into the hole in the right side of the box, then slide it up to lock into place.

Hope that helps.
It is the 3 hinges at the bottom that are giving me a problem.
Also, the bezel for the radio that has the little storage bin, will not go in all the way due to the position of the little ipod mod box.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The 3 hinges on the bottom just push on (might be hard, but they just push into place), there shouldn't be any trick to that.

As far as the bezel not fitting, I don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those hinges are plastic! I would hate to snap one. The only one that seems to go in right is the one closest to the passenger door. A little axle grease maybe?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Used some white lithium grease and it went right on. Must have been the first time it was taken off. White lithium will last longer and is less messy.
Thanks for all your help mnunes!

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
No problem. Glad it all went back together ok. How did the center bezel end up fitting? Did you have to move the ipod box or did it end up fitting?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets say I did a little modding of my own. I cut about 1/4 inch off the back of the little storage compartment. It backs right up to the ipod mod box, so I can still use it for my small pad and pen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts