Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the gloss black Viper reps but I want a machined stipe around the rim edge. Does anyone know how and where I can get this done? And if someone has them, can you post pics. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Buy machined Viper replicas and have the centers painted gloss black.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy machined Viper replicas and have the centers painted gloss black.
I don't think that will give me what I want. The look that I want is like the machined pin strip on these rims:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The vipers dont really have an edged part of the rim (or rim of the rim I guess you could say). You'd have to have someone do some damn good taping off before coating/painting the rest of the wheel and even still you just sort of have this half inch (or larger) area that's half black half silver or a BIG silver edge all the way around.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just an idea which may save you some coin...

I have gloss black FR Viper reps on my SRT and know how wide the lip is. You could go to your local sign guy and have him cut some vinyl rings to the exact width/radius of the lip. There are many types/finishes of vinyl but I would recommend brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an idea which may save you some coin...

I have gloss black FR Viper reps on my SRT and know how wide the lip is. You could go to your local sign guy and have him cut some vinyl rings to the exact width/radius of the lip. There are many types/finishes of vinyl but I would recommend brushed aluminum.
That would probably be the best bet. Seems like I saw someone on these site or one of the lxforum that had theirs done that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts