Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys, here are some photos of my newly installed colormatched RKSport ram air hood. Let me know what you think, praise it or slam it.

I wanted the subtle look - a lower profile ram air hood vs. the aggressive look. I think it compliments the car well.

I know, I know, I need window tint - that is on the planning board. I have a color matched grille being painted today and will be ready for install soon. I also am going to have my tails tinted in the next month or so. Anyway, it is a work in progress.

Let me know what you think of my latest mod, the RKSport ram air hood. Thanks for looking and giving your input.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I say you lucky SOB, Oh and it looks nice too:)

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
the design is awesome, im not a fan of their manufacturing, but the look is very nice.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good!!! how much and where from? I think i might like that better than the srt8 hood

The hood is manufactured by RKSport. I have provided a link to where you can get it; however, if you google it or conduct a search for RKSport hood, you can find it through a few other distributers. Be patient and shop around. Some good prices out there on this hood.

I happened upon this hood when I called RKSport during an inquiry about the design and to see if it would function with the Mopar cold air intake system. During the conversation, I was infomed they had a return from an individual that had dry fitted the same model hood, but did not like the look (person wanted something more aggressive looking, so it was returned. The hood could not be sold as new; therefore, this hood was sold to me at a discounted price. How lucky was that! Yeah right, you get what you pay for I said. The people @ RKSport stated the hood was in perfect condition and offered full refund if I did not think so.

Upon receipt of the hood, they told me to go over it with a fine tooth comb and examine it for myself and to return it for a full refund if unhappy in anyway. They even told me to dry fit it too during the examination. RKSport was right, I could not find any flaws that prompted me to return it, the hood fit awesome even on the initial dry fit. I was completely satisfied. Moreso, after it was painted. The price was unbelievable (295.00 + shipping). Normally 795.95 plus shipping.

To top things off, I have family in the autobody business and got the hood painted free.

Their are a few others here on the forums that have been satisfied with this hood too. Hope this helps. Thanks for the praise.

http://www.rksport.com/main/catalog_detail.asp?mdid=20&catid=4&appid=220

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The more I see this hood, the more I like it. I wasn't feeling it at all when I first saw a pic of it.

Now that I see a pic of it on a car the same color as mine... I'm sold. Come on, tax time!

Looks amazing, man.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much was the paint job????
Fortunate for me, the primer, paint, clear, and labor was free for me. Got the hook-up from a family member.

I'm sure paint is negotiable on something like this - shop around for the best (reliable) price. Check references on the paint work too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The more I see this hood, the more I like it. I wasn't feeling it at all when I first saw a pic of it.

Now that I see a pic of it on a car the same color as mine... I'm sold. Come on, tax time!

Looks amazing, man.

Thanks for the comment. I was the same way. I saw it on TBYDaytona40's top banana and was hooked from then on.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I Love Love Love It!!!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
ive have been debatin whether if i liked it or not when i first saw it from RKSport... now that you have it... I LOVE IT... it looks nice.. is just perfect!!!! thats a nice baby you got there...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i have their hood as well. the fit was FAR from great, front to back and width was great, BUT i had to shimmed the bumper cover up with some washers for it to match in height with the hood.
RK's response was that the core support was adjustable up and down, the dude obviously didnt know what he was talking about since its bolted to the fenders and the subframe making that impossible.

the local dealer is installing these on cars in their lot, the dude that was incharge of installing them had the same problem on every hood he installed, so my guess is your hood was an oddball by it fitting ok.

i have a silver charger as well, i was unsure on what color to paint it, right now its in black primer, and after seeing it in silver, i think i like the flat black look better.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This was my first choice, until I found the steal of a lifetime on an SRT hood.
Darn good looking.
S.D.

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
I love it! Looks great, and the fit is awesome, at least on mine. Sorry for those who have had problems, but I havent had any issues with mine. Can't wait to see your finished pics with the new grille! Mod away Charger, mod away!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts