Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is the screen delaminating? It’s a common problem with a large number of these units. Do a search for “touch screen delaminating” and you will find many threads on the subject. Unfortunately there is no fix other than replacing the unit. Mine was replaced under warranty. Some owners who were out of warranty were able to get theirs replaced at no cost by going through Dodge Cares. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the screen delaminating? It’s a common problem with a large number of these units. Do a search for “touch screen delaminating” and you will find many threads on the subject. Unfortunately there is no fix other than replacing the unit. Mine was replaced under warranty. Some owners who were out of warranty were able to get theirs replaced at no cost by going through Dodge Cares. Good luck.
Wow yep this is the exact issue. Just contacted DodgeCares, hopefully they can help out. Thanks so much for the quick reply.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Record episodes on cell video and take it and the car to the dealer for a warranty claim so they can disposition the claim. They might repair it under good faith if you are a repeat client of the dealer. The average cost to replace the multifunction radio can range from $1100 to $1300 and theybare not in a abundant supply. There are also shops that can replace just the touch screen which can be found with Google.

Messed up screens are not uncommon at all, nor is it uncommon on newer models even than your 2017.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I actually had my screen delaminate to about 1/4 of the screen at the top.
Horrible ghost touches making it unusable most of the time. And I was out of warranty too.
I was searching screen replacements, unit replacements, aftermarket swap outs...
Then it totally RE-laminated all by itself. No sign whatsoever that it ever had an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts