Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Underneath my CAI is a round hole about 4-5" diameter. Has anyone tried to run a flexible hose from the bottom air dam to this hole, bringing "real" cold air to the intake? I tried using a flexible dryer vent(cheap crinkle aluminum) but it's too flimsy. I want cold air getting into my intake. I also removed a molded plastic piece on the right side of the radiator that seemed to keep air away from the CAI.
It seem as though there should be something that can be fabricated to get colder air in there. May a wet/dry vac hose or something like that. The more cold air the better.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Go ramair! cant get much cooler then that! -- i believe there was a post a few months back where someone did exactly what you are talking about and had good results. try searching for it. -- i would think you would want something smooth to get better airflow and less turbulance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tried using a flexible dryer vent(cheap crinkle aluminum) but it's too flimsy.
Go to your local hardware and ask them for corrugated dryer hose. The cheap aluminum stuff with the spiral wiring is not only too flimsy, it will probably fall apart on your over time.

Corrugated hose is much more solid, and will most def hold up better long-term. The problem you're going to have with this (and is it really so much of a problem?) is that it's not going to want to bend and flex the way you want it unless you put a little elbow grease into it.

Typically it's bought in a pre-cut section, probably long enough to do two cars worth, and will run you $5-$10 depending on actual length/quality/whatever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts