Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly unsatisfied with my current exhaust setup on my 3.5, I have a flow master 40 series (single in, single out) with a blastin bobs Y pipe (the loudest one). It just sounds to "ricey" to me lol. Needless to say I have decided that I want to get a flowmaster true dual exhaust installed.

My questions are where do I go to get this done, what do I tell the guy, and how much will it end up costing? I figure I would just go to midas or something, but I really dont know what to tell the guy lol.

Also does anybody have any sound clips of a flowmaster true dual on their 3.5? Thanks!:D

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have the Flowmaster 40 series single in dual out exhaust and it doesnt sound ricey at all, atleast i dont think so

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Flowmaster super 44s true duels. Sounds great,and I had it done at local shop for around 300 bucks.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The revs are always cool with 40s its just the drive off thats ricey too me get 50 delta's man. i got 44s and a x pipe and it still sounds ricey when i drive off. its like VrooMMMMMMMMMMM there here comes the famous v6 OWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL vROOMMMMMMMMM OWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

check the "owl" sound at 0:24. I will say with an magnaflow x pipe helps that a little bit so if you stay with 40s or 44s i recommend the x pipe. I haven't heard an h-pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0AVNFe7gvU

·
Registered
103 Posts
one of the other ones you might want to check out is the dynomax superturbo sereis. I know the name sounds ricey, lol, but it's not. I used to run a superturbo muffler on my 3.3 liter v6 dodge intrepid and it sounded GREAT no rice sound at all.

There's a couple of options for you though Here

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am fairly unsatisfied with my current exhaust setup on my 3.5, I have a flow master 40 series (single in, single out) with a blastin bobs Y pipe (the loudest one). It just sounds to "ricey" to me lol. Needless to say I have decided that I want to get a flowmaster true dual exhaust installed.

My questions are where do I go to get this done, what do I tell the guy, and how much will it end up costing? I figure I would just go to midas or something, but I really dont know what to tell the guy lol.

Also does anybody have any sound clips of a flowmaster true dual on their 3.5? Thanks!:D
As FOST3RS CHARG3R stated, the single in / dual out Super 40 would have been the best way to go. I've had my setup for a long time and no rice at all even on take off. The sound clip is attached to my signature. Good luck with the true dual setup if you decide to go that route as well! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 series and it sounds good when i jump on the throttle and isn't too bad on the highway. I think the wind noise with the fact that the truck leaves a lot of noise behind at those speeds keeps it fairly quiet.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I don't have a V6 but I have the Flowmaster Super 44 - It's awesome! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
im new here .. but i have a 2.7l and i kinda want to dampen the sound its waaaaaaaaay!! to ricey for me and im kinda embarassed by it.. any suggestions?.. anything will help!.. ill have pics up soon but other then tint paintjob and the exhaust thats pretty much all i have done to it right now.. still workin on some shoes for it but yeh..

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
i got 40s and they sound great

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a hard time deciding between the super 44's and the super 40's. Which would be a better choice for a 2006 3.5l SE?

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I am having a hard time deciding between the super 44's and the super 40's. Which would be a better choice for a 2006 3.5l SE?
i got super 40s for my 2006 black 3.5l SE as i said above .....and im very happy with them...i advise you go with those

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have 44s. I dont like flowmasters for these cars though.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
i have 40's too!.. its just way too loud.. should i use a resonator?..
Yeah the resos will make it quieter ...i dont know why u would wanna do that though :confused:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
haha .. yeah i know i get that alot.. but u just dont know how loud it gets and its so raspy!.. i just want to quiet it down a tad..

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
got an x pipe if you want the drone to be more barable if you get single in dual out. You going to hit driving up heels and everyone is going to hate riding you the drone is rediculous. OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........OOOoOoOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. They magnaflow x pipe i have quiets it down dramatically but the drone still there. I like the 44s better than the 40s.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Whats the difference between 40's and 44's?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts