Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think?

I'm paying $799/mo right now for the Charger, and I can do a trade to the 300 and keep it at $800 or less.

Why not? Please discuss

I see it as:

HIDS
Nicer WAY nicer Interior
Less Mileage
Reverse Sensors
Can black it out, and it looks TOUGH - Gun metal wheels, black/titanium grill = Much of Sexy.

Heh.

My only mods to the Charger so far is Exhaust, and a stupid CAI.

- Jamos

·
Registered
702 Posts
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*pant pant pant*

Just kidding. Personally, I really like the Charger better, but the 300's like pretty darn nice done up correctly. It's a little more 'sedany' if that's what you are going for. My best friend just did the opposite; he traded in his 300 for a Charger after I got mine (the biter!).

·
Registered
676 Posts
It all depends on what you want. I hear that the 300 SRTs ride is more cushier where the Charger is more, well, edgier. The 300 has more luxury and toys but looks like a sedan/family car where the Charger is more sporty looking while taking a hit to luxury. 300 Costs more for the luxury/toys so you might want to consider that. Both cars are the same platform so they will pretty much feel the same with only small differences I would think. Engine, tranny, brakes, etc all the same.

Hope your decision wont be to painful to make :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
It all depends on what you want. I hear that the 300 SRTs ride is more cushier where the Charger is more, well, edgier. The 300 has more luxury and toys but looks like a sedan/family car where the Charger is more sporty looking while taking a hit to luxury. 300 Costs more for the luxury/toys so you might want to consider that. Both cars are the same platform so they will pretty much feel the same with only small differences I would think. Engine, tranny, brakes, etc all the same.

Hope your decision wont be to painful to make :)
Sweet, that is now the official definition of the technical term "more sedany."
Thanks Vagabond; perfect!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I did the opposite - had on 06 Cool Vanilla 300C- loved it - got a 2007 Charger RT / RT and Love it even more! They are both excellent cars in their own right!

I miss the tire pressure monitoring I had in the 300C - other than that, I don't regret making the change one bit!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Exacterrifc!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Who would want an 800 dollar car payment. Not 800 dollars for a Benz SL500 or a Z06 Vette but 800 dollars for a Dodge. Sorry, but that is just plain crazy? The only Dodge that you should be paying that much for is a Viper.
How many years do you pay 800 on that loan? That is 9600 a year or 48,600 over six years.... What ever happened to putting a down payment on a car?
That is some seriously poor judgement there in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
When I was looking to get my latest car (SRT) my wife stopped me and said do you want a car that everyone else has really. I too liked alot of the features of the 300 SRT. But in the end EVERYONE around here has one and its not what I wanted, I got this latest car to stand out and have some fun!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Canadian dollar and American dollar are now 1-1 exchange so that does not explain it either.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Who would want an 800 dollar car payment. Not 800 dollars for a Benz SL500 or a Z06 Vette but 800 dollars for a Dodge. Sorry, but that is just plain crazy? The only Dodge that you should be paying that much for is a Viper.
How many years do you pay 800 on that loan? That is 9600 a year or 48,600 over six years.... What ever happened to putting a down payment on a car?
Who asked you? Were you appointed the "poor judgement" police or did you just feel you had the right?

Get back on topic! :knockout:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
How many months do you have left on your charger? What kind of term are you going to have with the 300 SRT8?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hmm it's a different look that's for sure. I looked at both cars, test drove both before deciding on the Charger. I do like the dash of the 300 a lot, but the exterior look of the Charger just really appeals to me so, so much more :) At least you are picking the right color!

But the things that matter to you are what you have already pointed out in your post. Sounds like you found something you want better than the Charger - enough that you want to make a change.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hmm it's a different look that's for sure. I looked at both cars, test drove both before deciding on the Charger. I do like the dash of the 300 a lot, but the exterior look of the Charger just really appeals to me so, so much more :) At least you are picking the right color!

But the things that matter to you are what you have already pointed out in your post. Sounds like you found something you want better than the Charger - enough that you want to make a change.
That's true if you like the 300 more than the charger then thats all you need to make the change.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
x2! That is mind boggling!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I like the Charger better but if you like the styling equally and the 300 has features you like more then go with that. I'd also agree that the are FAR more 300's around then Chargers, at least in my area.
On a given trip somwhere I might see 6-8 300's to 1 Charger.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok here is my take on this and keep in mind I bought the 300SRT8
I was looking at the SRT8 Jeep Charger and 300
I wanted several things however and went back and fourth between them all
First off I love the looks of the Charger the hood is bad [email protected]@ but the 300 has a much meaner and sexier look over all. The Jeep is also mean looking to no end and the charger in black just KILLS
about a year before I had a Lincoln for a driver and some of the features spoiled me.
My reason for the SRT8 300
first off the auto back seats and tilt wheel
the HIDs
the auto tilt mirror
the rims looked too cool
Now the reason for not getting the Jeep...
300 and Charger were tad quicker
HIDs that not an issue now...
better gas milege 16 vs 12
on the plus side AWD and sweet looking Jeep
The biggest reason I didnt get the charger was I will be using my SRT8 300 as a daily driver and even thouhg the winters in Columbus OH are not that bad I had a real problem with driving a car with a big hood scoop in the snow...no issues with driving the 300.
If I would of bought the Charger it would of wound up in the garage and would of defeated the whole point of a nice daily driver.
So far i have no regretes on the SRT8 300 and I have only seen three others in town many more Charger SRT8s so I think I did the right thing. Oh yeah did I mention that I think the 300 just looks SEXY mean...... but I have a soft spot for the charger also
LOL

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I think they are both nice cars. I was on a budget So I knew I would be getting a base model and Black is my favorite color for cars. But the base model Charger had a larger engine and looks better to me in black than the 300 in base trim IMO :) . Plus I have been Charger fan since I was a kid.
Just make sure its what you realy want. Cars cost to much to make a quick choice. I did not see in your original post But I hope the 300 you are looking at is an srt8 model as well. I say take your time and pick the car that you like best regardless of what we all say :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I love both cars as well. I probably would have loved the Jeep as well for the sheer utility of it but the Charger is a great car. I would have liked the 300 also for some of it's features as listed in a previous post.

No complaints thus far.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts