Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my brand new Koni shocks and ST lowering springs sitting in my house waiting to be installed. The problem is I've been given 2 very different quotes on installation cost. The performance shop that I ordered my parts from wants to charge me $340, but my dad's mechanic friend (who owns a small auto shop) said he'd only charge me $200 at the most.

Is this a get-what-you-pay-for type of thing, or is it a simple job that any mechanic could do without messing anything up? The car will drop about 1.5 inches all around, so some minor adjustments (camber) might have to be made. Do you think a performance shop would know more about adjusting camber than a regular auto repair shop?

Basically, I just want the job done right the first time. Any takers? :beerchug:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rear shocks and springs are very easy. Invest in a shop manual. There may even be a video on YouTube.

You'll need a spring compressor for the front and if it's your first time swapping them out, I'd recommend having an experienced person assist.

Good news is even the fronts are routine jobs for local shops. Any decent local mechanic should be able to install in two hours (all four). Figure $50-$80 an hour. Dealer will also quote you a labor price as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Missed the part about your Dad's friend owning a shop. This is a very easy job for a good wrencher. $200 isn't that bad.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Getting my Hotchkis springs / Koni dampers put in cost me $300 with alignment, so Id say your dads friends price is about right.

I havent added any camber adjustments to mine and so far the tread wear isnt looking bad at all.........ive already put 1k on the clock since its been lowered

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I paid $260 with an alignment to have my SRT suspension put on. I would say $200 is a fair price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts