Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the dealer got my Daytona in yesterday, today I went and took her for a spin.... MAN IS THAT CAR SWEET>>>> anyway :D

I am trading in my AV, seeing as how no one wants to buy a truck with fuel prices hovering over 3 bucks a gallon.... so I am stipping everything off my AV in the next couple days, and once I get everything stripped down (and hopefully sold :D) I will, with any luck, be picking up my Daytona on Saturday....

I did the blank check loan thing, and that finally came fedex today.... and just got back from Sams Club getting the stock tires mounted back on the stock wheels so that I can sell my aftermarket rims....

will hopefully have some updates shortly... :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Man...I'm psyched for you!!!! I'm having so much fun driving this car!!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
SWEET MARSHALL!

Maybe I wont be the only Daytona at the Pavillions Sat?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats DRT. Sorry you didn't get the AV sold, but I am sure your gonna love the D.

It looks like my car is 5 days behind yours:

8/19 JB: Shipped to body vendor
8/25 08:35 PM KZ Released by plant , invoiced
9/02 On Railcar - Phoenix, AZ

08-29 (JB): Ship To Body Vendor
08-31 08:40 PM (KZ) Plant Release
09-06 04:56 AM Delivery to a Location - Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
09-07 04:58 PM On Railcar - Detroit North Yard, MI

Talked to my dealer today and they said it was on the railcar (which agrees with the above) and that rail traffic to here was light. So it should arrive in our rail yard within 24hrs. That should be sometime tomorrow. But autorail's info shows it not getting into town and unloaded until the 12th (what a pisser if I cannot get it this weekend :mad: ). Then it shows 7 days after unload to get it across town to my dealer. :mad::mad: Hopefully the rail traffic is light and it arrives either tomorrow or very early Friday so they can get it off and trucked to dealer on Saturday.

Was autorail's info to you fairly accurate or did it get to the dealer sooner?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Remember, those are estimates! Mine arrived at the Dealer 4 days ahead of DCX schedule!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6 days ahead here

·
Registered
630 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
6 days ahead here
Yes!!! :rockon:

Thats what I wanted to hear. That means there is still hope that it'll show up on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it is 4:34am..... can I go get my car yet? :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
well it is 4:34am..... can I go get my car yet? :D
Couldn't sleep eh bud? :) Hope you get her today, you deserve it! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mmaloy said:
Couldn't sleep eh bud? :) Hope you get her today, you deserve it! Good luck!
well between that and the fact that I got so many bug bites last night while fixing my co-workers van so we could get home.... my hands are sore and itchy.... LOL

ok.... it is 6:33........ are they open yet?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
well between that and the fact that I got so many bug bites last night while fixing my co-workers van so we could get home.... my hands are sore and itchy.... LOL

ok.... it is 6:33........ are they open yet?
Ben-Gay, don't need no stinking Ben-Gay ******! JUST OPEN THE *&^^%$#@@#$% DEALERSHIP! hehe

·
Registered
197 Posts
That wait is unbearable...

I got my R/T a week ago last Wednesday: I was so anxious, I don't think I even slept four hours the night before. :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
well after a 4 hour stint in the ER this morning for an allergic reaction to anti-freeze (hands and arms swelled up to the point I was in agonizing pain).... I made it home, meds from the doctor kicked in, and I am now the Proud new owne of a GOMANGO DAYTONA..... even got a thumbs up by some dude in a Vette on my way home... :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
well after a 4 hour stint in the ER this morning for an allergic reaction to anti-freeze (hands and arms swelled up to the point I was in agonizing pain).... I made it home, meds from the doctor kicked in, and I am not the Proud new owne of a GOMANGO DAYTONA..... even got a thumbs up by some dude in a Vette on my way home... :D
So you are the proud new owner, congrats what's your car's number?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
#1373 out of 4000

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, I hope you have better luck with your Daytona the us. We've only had it since Wednesday, but its been a nightmare... Everywhere we go people are staring at us. I can't park in any parking lot anymore without someone coming up and asking about it. I look in other cars while stopped at a light and they're all staring like we're driving the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile or something. Then when the light turns green, a second or two later, I'm already speeding, this never happened with the Mustang, but, good luck with yours....

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
LOL at John:) Sorry, but when you drive a "Look at ME" car, folks are gonna look:)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John229 said:
Well, I hope you have better luck with your Daytona the us. We've only had it since Wednesday, but its been a nightmare... Everywhere we go people are staring at us. I can't park in any parking lot anymore without someone coming up and asking about it. I look in other cars while stopped at a light and they're all staring like we're driving the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile or something. Then when the light turns green, a second or two later, I'm already speeding, this never happened with the Mustang, but, good luck with yours....
LOL.... I agree with GLHS...

by the way man... you should have hit the pavilions tonight... we had 3 Daytona's parked in a row...we need to get all four of the AZ Daytonas together for a group shot....

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Marshall looked like he just won the lottery!

WAY TO GO BUD! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts