Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 dodge charger r/t max awd. I noticed that the rpm gauge keeps bouncing between 1500 and 2000 rpms while driving. The other thing I noticed is that there is a noise coming from the back end that almost sounds like its having difficulty in the differential. Any ideas on what could cause this or how to fix it? I've read that the rpms could be caused by a vacuum leak somewhere and the rear end could have some sort of software update needing done? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When driving on straight roads and hills the rpm gauge shows a fluctuation like there is a vacuum leak. Does that make sense what I'm trying to say? The back end makes a weird noise. I wouldnt call it grinding but the sound I would compare it to would be when you run over ruts on the shoulder of the road. Hope my explanation helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm trying to figure out whether the engine RPM is fluctuating, or just the gauge jumping around. Could it be the torque converter locking and unlocking?
So far it seems like the torque converter is the culprit for the rpms. Not sure on the rear end issue yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey so would a 2007 dodge charger 3.5L alternator be able to charge a 2010 Dodge charger 3.5L or is the wiring different between the 2?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hold 70 on a flat road, in cruise, and see if it does the same thing. Slowly press the gas pedal and see if it jumps like you say. If so, that's more than likely the TC clutch disengaging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts