Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out to eat with some friends tonight and when I left to start my car, my gear shift would not release from Park. I tried almost everything I could think of for an hour all the while having not a single clue what to do. Eventually I took out the entire console and I was able to find a video on Youtube explaining what the culprit was...that little pink son of a ***** was jamming the gear and keeping it stuck in park. I was able to get it out but it keeps sliding back to that same position whenever I put it back in park. Is there a fix for this? Or could someone give me the name of this part so that I can order a new one and replace it. Below is a picture of what I am talking about. The sooner I get an answer, the sooner I can put my entire console back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
U can get one from billettech for 30 bux, call a dodge dealership to see if it is covered under the recall, go to the autoparts store and buy a 10 dollar one, mod the original one...
You pick

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
You're the victim of the infamous pink thingy. Sorry to hear that.
Looks like they're available from lots of sources now, including Amazon.

Take a look at the "Everything" thread (linked in my sig) for instructions on how to replace it (look for pink thingy).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
^ :smilielol5: