Charger Forums banner

If you have a 3.5L or 5.7L please vote yes or no if you would buy one if we made them

• 3.5L YES I would buy if available

Votes: 67 47.9%
  • Not intersted

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 5.7L YES I would buy if available

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • Not intersted

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Before I vote I need help, perhaps this should be a PM reply. I am extremely challenged in terms. I currently have an 07 Daytona Sublime with stock exhaust.

What is the advatange of a cat x-pipe?
Is a straight pipe better?
Is high flow better than stock?

Again, I dont mean to hijack the thread, just trying to understand differences to A) Help with the poll and B) for my future MOD knowledge.

Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Exhaust System

I would be interested in High Flow Cats included in full Exhaust system or the Hi Flow Cats system that can be a add on to your cat back system for your Charger Exhaust for a 2007 All Wheel Drive R/T Charger 5.7 . The HP exhaust that comes stock on the 5.7 AWD is too quite.
There seams to be little out there that I can find for All Wheel Drive.
Mopar has headers and Hi Flow Cat system for 5.7 but not for All Wheel Drive.
I was not happy Dodge did not support AWD Chargers like they do two wheel drive Chargers.
I would like to see a company support the AWD owners and have them check with Dodge on wither that would void there life time warrenty.
There are a lot of AWD owners that want performance just like the two wheel drive.This is an excellent car for winter driving and a great performance car for the everday driver. Plus added fun on the weekends . The more performance the more fun.
With the life time warranty on the drive train I would not want to lose my Warranty.I checked with my dealer and they said would not be a problem.

AWD Dave

I just love my Ride

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
DiabloSport has been dyno-tuning a few 3.5L LX's. They have found adding CAI, Exaust, and headers, or any combination of the 3 does not increase hp as much as advertised. Looking at stock dyno results and q8charger's results this is also confirmed. He has all 3 and only about 10 more hp vs stock +/-.
He also has a friend who has all 3 upgrades, but has removed the cat completly. This car has about 7 more hp and 11.8 more torque(than q8chargers which has all 3 mods) from just removing the cat. This makes me believe the cat is a major deal and because you are only as stong as the weekest link, the cat is holing back the other parts enough that it almost doubles the power just by freeign up that one area. This makes me believe if a high quality high flow cat was released we would see a significant improvement.

the majority of stock dynos i've personally seen are kicking out around 170-185 on avg to the wheels.

3.5L dyno stock sheets doing 170. http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/wheelife/horsepower_values.jpg

the dyno i used is a loading dyno which dynos 16% lower than a dynojet. adding in the 16% for comparison my bone stock numbers were 172.14 hp 204.16tq

with that being the case, Q8 charger could be sitting on a 20-25 HP gain (if he started at 170-ish and made it to 195 where he is currently) or it could be just a 10HP gain if he started higher.... i dont know if he has bone stock sheets to compare with to double check...

the reason i bring this up is MANY of the chargers here are dynoing at mid 180's as well. thats a near 15 more HP than mine and a others are dynoing at. and thats just in stock form.

does anyone, even magnaflow, know what our stock converters are made of?

wish we could see what the condition of q8chargers friends cats were like...good, clogged, etc???

either way upgraded cats and pipes would definately be appreciated. considering materials and design, they would probably be more efficient in the very least.

Magnaflowrep, on page 1 i asked about the compatibility with your current 16936 setup.

your reply was:
If we were to produce one it would be with cats.

Great to hear your happy with your system!
i understand it would be with catalytic converters already included for the v6's, but will this be designed to work with your 16936 setup???

and is there any advantages of running and X pipe, right into a Y pipe?

the reason i am asking about that is that i need to know if this becomes available, will i have to upgrade my current magnaflow setup to make use of the catted X pipes???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Before I vote I need help, perhaps this should be a PM reply. I am extremely challenged in terms. I currently have an 07 Daytona Sublime with stock exhaust.

What is the advatange of a cat x-pipe?
Is a straight pipe better?
Is high flow better than stock?

Again, I dont mean to hijack the thread, just trying to understand differences to A) Help with the poll and B) for my future MOD knowledge.

Tom
Sorry for the delayed responses everyone.

Let’s just forget the x-pipe because these probably won't have an x-pipe as part of the assembly. The advantage of a high flow cat assembly is mainly the cell count on the catalyst. Most stock cats have anywhere between 600-700 cells psi while our high flow cats have 400 cells psi. In addition, our piping is made of stainless steel and mandrel bent for optimum flow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
the majority of stock dynos i've personally seen are kicking out around 170-185 on avg to the wheels.

3.5L dyno stock sheets doing 170. http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/wheelife/horsepower_values.jpg

the dyno i used is a loading dyno which dynos 16% lower than a dynojet. adding in the 16% for comparison my bone stock numbers were 172.14 hp 204.16tq

with that being the case, Q8 charger could be sitting on a 20-25 HP gain (if he started at 170-ish and made it to 195 where he is currently) or it could be just a 10HP gain if he started higher.... i dont know if he has bone stock sheets to compare with to double check...

the reason i bring this up is MANY of the chargers here are dynoing at mid 180's as well. thats a near 15 more HP than mine and a others are dynoing at. and thats just in stock form.

does anyone, even magnaflow, know what our stock converters are made of?

wish we could see what the condition of q8chargers friends cats were like...good, clogged, etc???

either way upgraded cats and pipes would definately be appreciated. considering materials and design, they would probably be more efficient in the very least.

Magnaflowrep, on page 1 i asked about the compatibility with your current 16936 setup.

your reply was:

i understand it would be with catalytic converters already included for the v6's, but will this be designed to work with your 16936 setup???

and is there any advantages of running and X pipe, right into a Y pipe?

the reason i am asking about that is that i need to know if this becomes available, will i have to upgrade my current magnaflow setup to make use of the catted X pipes???
If made it would be compatible with our cat-backs.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I guess I thought Magnaflow already made high flow cat mid pipes for the 5.7L. Does High Horse Performance just use Magnaflow cats and they make the pipes?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I guess I thought Magnaflow already made high flow cat mid pipes for the 5.7L. Does High Horse Performance just use Magnaflow cats and they make the pipes?

thats what it says on their website.

they state "Our direct bolt on stainless setup.....and replace them with our High Flow System that utilizes the best cats on the market made by Magnaflow."

thats how i read it...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Im interested in mid cat-pipes for the 3.5 and if you do decide to make them dont forget about cali. Id also let you use my car for your R&D Im about a hour away and I have your dual cat-back on. Thanks

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
thats what it says on their website.

they state "Our direct bolt on stainless setup.....and replace them with our High Flow System that utilizes the best cats on the market made by Magnaflow."

thats how i read it...
I thought the hhp was jba stuff.

Magna be careful on prices guys. i like your products but there are comparable companies with cat backs 400 less than yours. Your gonna have trouble pushing these pipes if they are more than the competion of 300-400 dollars. Just a thought. I hope they get made and i like the quality of your guys products. Sides i'm a mario andretti and firestone fan, so if he endorses i'll be a victim of advertising :grin:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I thought the hhp was jba stuff.

Magna be careful on prices guys. i like your products but there are comparable companies with cat backs 400 less than yours. Your gonna have trouble pushing these pipes if they are more than the competion of 300-400 dollars. Just a thought. I hope they get made and i like the quality of your guys products. Sides i'm a mario andretti and firestone fan, so if he endorses i'll be a victim of advertising :grin:
which company has a comparable catback 400$ less? stainless steel, and a full size muffler and 2 resonators right?

i mean zoomers and corsa are like 3-400$ more.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
which company has a comparable catback 400$ less? stainless steel, and a full size muffler and 2 resonators right?

i mean zoomers and corsa are like 3-400$ more.
the magnaflow catbacks are like 1100 . Slp, jba, cherrybomb are all nearly half that

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
the magnaflow catbacks are like 1100 . Slp, jba, cherrybomb are all nearly half that
ummmm we talking MSRP or the price you can actually buy em at?

for the v6, the retail is 829$ the v8's are over 1000$ msrp, but are found on most of their distributor sites, ebay, and charger forum vendor sites at far less, street price.

street price from most all the dealers including ebay are 789. as said above me, HHP has/had em for a good sale price of 599. this if for the V6.

magnaflow for the 5.7L v8 chager/300/magnum 789$ http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=198

here at planetmagnaflow is 828 with free shipping http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-15628-225.html

honestly, most of the magnaflows that i have seen street price for the v8 or v6 in dual exhaust can be found for mid-high 7's to low 8's.... when NOT on sale...just reg year round price.

cherry bomb's setup also doesnt have the tail end mufflers/resonators for the v6

but use two of their glasspacks for the rear. glasspacks offer a cheaper packing than whats used in magnaflow mufflers and their system sells for 710$ at jegs http://www.jegs.com/i/Cherry Bomb/545/300643/10002/-1

it sounds ok, via what i heard on youtube, but knowing that the glasspack wont last as long as a magnaflow muffler... i'd easily pay the extra 60-70$

NOW, ZOOMERS is an 1100$ system. street price.;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Im trying real hard not to brake the law but I need your help magnaflow. Can we get these mid-pipes going before I go with no cats straight pipe?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
voted for yes!!!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts