Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been putting the 89 grade gas in my car since Ive had it. Its been doing great on it. I hit the wrong button yesterday and filled my car with the 91. Luckily my tank was empty.

Is it safe to go back and forth between grades? I only go the Chevron to fill her up. And usually Im good about not letting it get down past a half tank. But, I was really sick last weekend and the hubby took it for a joy ride ALL weekend, and left me with no gas.

This wont affect the car in any way will it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No harm. We had posts here a few weeks ago where folks swore the car felt stronger on 91+.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Yes - absolutely safe - you'll have no problems whatsoever.

Just don't stick diesel in there by mistake......:smoke:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, it'll be fine. Probably won't even be able to tell the difference in it really, either.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Yes - absolutely safe - you'll have no problems whatsoever.

Just don't stick diesel in there by mistake......:smoke:
DON'T LISTEN TO ARFUR!

Execpt this ONE time! :grin: NO PROBLEMS, dahlink! Do it as often as you like. Might waste some money, but that's all. :lol:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No harm. We had posts here a few weeks ago where folks swore the car felt stronger on 91+.
It is funny what people say. One of the first conversations I remember having about octane was when my friend blew the engine on his go-cart (we were about 12).

His older brother ridiculed him for blowing it by putting 91 in the go-cart!

91 will neither help nor hurt the charger.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
DON'T LISTEN TO ARFUR!

Execpt this ONE time! :grin: NO PROBLEMS, dahlink! Do it as often as you like. Might waste some money, but that's all. :lol:
You know - if I didn't respect you so much....I'd hunt you down.... :smoke:

:grin:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'd be more worried about the your husband leaving you dry...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
DON'T DO IT! it will destroy your engine and make puppies cry!

(I just had to be different)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DON'T DO IT! it will destroy your engine and make puppies cry!

(I just had to be different)
OMG that made me laugh soo hard

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd be more worried about the your husband leaving you dry...
I remember my mom would do that game with my dad. Used to make him so mad.

I was aggrivated, but what can ya do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I do believe the manual says the minimum is 87, suggested is 89 and it suggests no more. And it uses foul language and scary faces to scare you away from E85.

Arfur's avatar scares me. I remember it but I don't remember what it's from. Augh.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you were to advance your timing or go forced induction, you would have to use a higher octane or you may ping. The only thing I can think is an advantage of putting higher octane fuel in our cars stock is that it may burn 2or 3 degrees cooler.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I do believe the manual says the minimum is 87, suggested is 89 and it suggests no more. And it uses foul language and scary faces to scare you away from E85.

Arfur's avatar scares me. I remember it but I don't remember what it's from. Augh.
It's Flat Eric - the Levi ad puppet. :)

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
If you were to advance your timing or go forced induction, you would have to use a higher octane or you may ping. The only thing I can think is an advantage of putting higher octane fuel in our cars stock is that it may burn 2or 3 degrees cooler.
It's good if you own stock in Exxon/Mobil, too... :grin:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i mix gas all the time when i cant get 89. like at Sam's club they only have 87 and 93 so i put almost half and half

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I remember my mom would do that game with my dad. Used to make him so mad.

I was aggrivated, but what can ya do.
yeah, was meant as j/k. it made me laugh, was a familiar game growing up
at my house too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts