Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I wouldn't think it's a tank problem. More like a filler-tube issue. Or maybe the gauge is just reading incorrectly. I just don't know enough to say for sure. I take it the car is beyond the 36K mileage for warranty??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only get 9 gallons in and I am over 36k. I am fishing for ideas so I can try and fix myself. Never thought I would be happy to pay for a full tank of gas.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
2014 was the first capless year. My wife's 2014 Jeep had the exact same issue. The dealer wound up replacing the filler tube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried trickling gas in, didn't hold gas handle all the wag down just to try and slow fill and that didn't work as well. Guess filler neck purchase is in my future.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Have you tried holding the nozzle at different angles? I had a car once where it wouldn't fill well with the nozzle vertical, if I held the nozzle so the hose went out at about "4-o'clock" it would work better. :confused:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
2014 was the first capless year. My wife's 2014 Jeep had the exact same issue. The dealer wound up replacing the filler tube.
My 2013 Bee is capless, I think that was the first year as I know our 2012 work vehicles still have a regular cap.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Is there a valve or anything that balances out the two sides of the fuel tank? Maybe only one side is filling.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Most vehicles have an internal vent valve in the gas tank. If that vent valve sticks, or the vent tube gets clogged or kinked it will cause refueling problems as the vapors cant escape through the vent system and the entrapped fuel vapors cause the fuel nozzle to click off before the tank is full. I'm not sure how to unstick a vent valve. Maybe a few hard smacks on the tank with the hand?? Otherwise, I would start by replacing the least pricy parts in the vent system and end with the fuel tank replacement if you can't live driving with half a tank of fuel all the time.

Also, some people like to top off their tank that is already more than 3/4 full before a long trip and often find they cannot top off the tank. That is not the norm but is not uncommon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts