Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for everybody that lives in GA, SC, Al, FL and probably NC. I work as a firefighter in GA, we just got the news that the main fuel supply line running from TX to the depot in N. Augusta, SC has been shut down, There are cracks in the line leaking fuel. Engineers wont be able to fix the leak for several days due to the fuel line is under 5 to 10 feet of water. We were just ordered by the fire chief to fill up all of our fire and rescue units (and our pov of course). Gas prices here in Augusta have gone from about 2.30 gal this morning to 2.90 gal at 330 pm for regular. Gas stations are closing because they are running out of gas. There will be a few stations on reserve for emergency vehicles only. In Atlanta I hear fuel prices are at about 3.50 or so a gal. It is just starting, so if you live in these states you might want to fill up as soon as possible. Before it gets out of hand or before the real shortage begins. Sorry admins if this is not in the right topic area, just thought it was too important to put in the South Eastern topic. Good Luck Everyone.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
There already up to $3.00/gallon.
This is going to happen across the US.
Bush just removed some restrictions of the EPA to speed gas and diesel output.
________
Web shows

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Yup this all sucks guess I will be riding my bike to work. 87 oct went from $2.56 to $3.39 in less than 24 hours here in eastern NC. I use 89 oct and that is $3.49 gal. and some stations are limiting you to 30 dollors worth.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just heard on Fox News that in some places in Atlanta, they're charging 4.99 a gallon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
wow! these gas prices are going crazy. I guess the thing that bothers me is that since the prices are going so high now, people will accept it and keep paying these prices when things get back to normal. They seriously have to figure out a way fix this problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnrx said:
I just heard on Fox News that in some places in Atlanta, they're charging 4.99 a gallon.

CNN latest $5.57 per gal in ATL! Its getting out of hand.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Its all BS!

Not every Oil company was affected by Katrina.

Gov't is releasing 40% of its reserve oil and the prices still climb???

Oil Company are making record profits....

WTF

·
Registered
116 Posts
Gov't is releasing 40% of its reserve oil and the prices still climb???
I think OIL is the key word there, it still needs to be refined. I think the better news is the Gov. temporarily dropping the need for special blends.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking this is about right!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
How is it we liberate two countries that are oil rich and we end up paying higher prices? My thinking of it would have been..."Welcome to the Kuwati and Iraqi Oil fields the United States' 51st State."

Its also amazing that Mobil, I believe, posted a 50 somethin BILLION dollar profit. Quite amazing for such a gas shortage huh? Especially since that is after all of that companies expenses, they were that much in the black.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Agreed the more we help the more they strangle us off. opec is the main offense they decide who pumps and how much this is what is killing us because we cant import from a few key countrys right now and its costing us because the east coast use to get most of its oil from the Iraq/Iran/Saudi oil fields and now they have to suckle on the Gulf of mexico rigs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
went from 2.74 to $3.03 in about 15 minutes here in Jersey!!...thats for 87. When does it end?...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
went from 2.74 to $3.03 in about 15 minutes here in Jersey!!...thats for 87. When does it end?...
Started at 2.62 at 8am today, 2.82 at Noon, and ran out tonight for supper and it was sitting at 3.19. .57 cents in 8 hours is nuts. I am in RI, the smallest state with some monster big gas prices... :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
370 Posts
i was corrected eariler.... its not the lack of oil... its the lack of refineries to process the oil... the evironmentalist won't allow us to build new refineries... there hasn't been a new one in 30 years...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yep, the problem is refining capacity, not the availability of oil. We need more refineries. They should build them here in AZ. We already have a ton of powerplants powering California because the hippies won't let them build power plants in CA.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Unleaded (HUV5) opened the day at 2.27, took a .05 swing up but came down and finished at 2.31. The .20 increase some of us saw and the $5 a gallon in Atlanta is price gauging, pure and simple.

And Dutch, don't get me started on the treehuggers.

I think Eric Cartman said it best: "Hippies everywhere, they want to change the world but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad!" :sick:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There were places here that would only allow you to put 5,10, or 20 bucks worth of gas as a max. I think the price has settled at around $3.39 for regular if you can find it, alot of the stations ran out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts