Charger Forums banner
601 - 618 of 618 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
973 Posts
Some dealerships are now trying to reel people to buy vehicles by offering free gas for a year.
Things keep going like they are, that could end up being a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
$4.99 for regular today, 93 was $5.79

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I’m paying $5.60 just for 87. And that’s with my reward points.

• Wow
Reactions: djalbin

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Things keep going like they are, that could end up being a hell of a deal.
I think the gas cards are more of a scam. It draws people to the dealership to purchase a specific vehicle. And I'm sure the cost for a $1500 - $2000 prepaid visa card is either built into the sales price, or is given in lieu of other discounts.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Property Nature Fixture Land lot Asphalt

Most gas stations in my area (Tucson, AZ) today were $4.99 (87 octane). I saw one Chevron station at $4.84 but Costco was $4.69 The Costco pumps were jammed with cars trying to get in line for gas.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Just in case you can’t read it in the pic.
It is 95 octane, $8.49. The last person got 116.484 gallons and paid $990.00. 😮

Red Gas Machine Backpack Luggage and bags

• Wow
Reactions: djalbin

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
The last person got 116.484 gallons and paid $990.00
I'm trying to think of a vehicle that requires 95 octane and holds 116 gallons of gas? They must have had additional gas containers to fill.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
They had to. Maybe they are “preppers” and trying to make sure that they can keep driving that McClaren if the prices keep going up. 😂

·
Registered
813 Posts
I suppose if I had a race car that burned that race gas I'd also have a 2 or 3 hundred gallon fuel tank in the bed of my F350 work truck that I'd also use to haul around my race car with. You know, to the track or drag strip. That way I could fuel up my race car at the track or strip without having to put it back on the trailer and haul it back into town. Or is that stating the obvious?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I'm trying to think of a vehicle that requires 95 octane and holds 116 gallons of gas? They must have had additional gas containers to fill.
My first thought was cihlenfeld. He just installed the twins on his 392 and probably retrofitted the trunk with auxiliary fuel tanks for racing fuel.

Or someone pulled up with some 55 gallons drums in the bed of their truck.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
That actually makes sense. Must be a lot more racing going on around here than I thought though.

Would a boat take that type of gas? Same concept as your race car theory?

601 - 618 of 618 Posts