Charger Forums banner
461 - 480 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
It must be eventually replaced. It's called the strategic reserve for a reason. If you give it all away then we become like most of Europe right now.....subject to blackmail by energy producers at every turn of world events.

Best,
But there isn't an oil shortage... price is up due to inflation and market speculation... I get your point and it's a dumb move by Biden but it's misleading to say that it's $18 billion worth of oil... and that it's funded by us like he is stealing our money right now in 2022.

Strategic oil reserves were probably purchased years ago under trump when oil was cheap. Trump used our money then to pay for oil to put aside for future emergency use and it was okay to spend billions of our money back then.

We are not going to be blackmailed for energy lol. Biden will not waste money now to resupply the strategic reserves and will instead kick the can down the road to the next president.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
But there isn't an oil shortage... price is up due to inflation and market speculation... I get your point and it's a dumb move by Biden but it's misleading to say that it's $18 billion worth of oil... and that it's funded by us like he is stealing our money right now in 2022.

Strategic oil reserves were probably purchased years ago under trump when oil was cheap. Trump used our money then to pay for oil to put aside for future emergency use and it was okay to spend billions of our money back then.

We are not going to be blackmailed for energy lol. Biden will not waste money now to resupply the strategic reserves and will instead kick the can down the road to the next president.
Um....no. Educate yourself.

On March 19, 2020, President Donald Trump directed the Department of Energy to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to maximum capacity. This directive was given to help support domestic oil producers given the impending economic collapse from COVID-19 and extreme drops in international oil markets. However, funding was blocked by Congress.

In November 2021, the White House announced the release of 50 million barrels (7,900,000 m3) to address high gasoline prices.

On March 1, 2022, President Biden announced the release of 30 million barrels of oil from the reserve in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

On March 31, 2022, President Biden announced that his administration would release 1 million barrels of oil per day from the reserve for the next 180 days.

The government has been periodically selling reserves to fund the deficit. Your boy printing money sure ain't helping and the Dems blocking the stockpiling of oil 2 years ago when it was MUCH cheaper and could have supported domestic production is potentially going to bite us in the fanny in a future crisis. Let's go Brandon.

Best,

Reactions: Playhard

·
Registered
828 Posts
Um....no. Educate yourself.

On March 19, 2020, President Donald Trump directed the Department of Energy to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to maximum capacity. This directive was given to help support domestic oil producers given the impending economic collapse from COVID-19 and extreme drops in international oil markets. However, funding was blocked by Congress.

In November 2021, the White House announced the release of 50 million barrels (7,900,000 m3) to address high gasoline prices.

On March 1, 2022, President Biden announced the release of 30 million barrels of oil from the reserve in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

On March 31, 2022, President Biden announced that his administration would release 1 million barrels of oil per day from the reserve for the next 180 days.

The government has been periodically selling reserves to fund the deficit. Your boy printing money sure ain't helping.

Best,
Did you even read my response? Lol

You say educate myself and then avoid all of my points and copy and paste from an article you read online.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Did you even read my response? Lol

You say educate myself and then avoid all of my points and copy and paste from an article you read online.
Your "points" aren't valid and your comment about Trump is demonstrably false. My data is from the public record. You have one person who was trying to increase our reserves when prices were cheap while simultaneously trying to encourage domestic production (which was then blocked by the Dems). You have another person who is depleting the reserve to make political points ahead of a looming election disaster while also trying to suppress domestic production.

Here is a handy list of the top 10 producers and consumers of oil. We're currently #1 for production (no thanks to Biden). The next "friend" on the producer list is Canada at #4, but Biden actively prevented us from having a pipeline from Canada to the US to improve our supply. Russia is #3 in oil production and practically tied with the Saudis at #2. Not too many "friends" on this list. And now look at the number one consumer of oil. See a problem there?

Hit the books.

Best,

·
Registered
828 Posts
Your "points" aren't valid and your comment about Trump is demonstrably false. My data is from the public record. You have one person who was trying to increase our reserves when prices were cheap while simultaneously trying to encourage domestic production. You have another person who is depleting the reserve to make political points ahead of a looming election disaster while also trying to suppress domestic production.

Hit the books.

Best,
I am pro trump. The problem with many trump fans is that they are stubbornly defensive with any constructive criticism.

I said that Biden's decision was dumb to use strategic oil supply. I guess this point isn't valid?

I was saying that your statement that Biden's actions are costing taxpayers $18 billion is misleading if not completely false. Please provide the public record data you used for your statement.

You said...
"AND it's expensive as hell. A million barrels a day times 180 days is about a $18 billion nut that is funded by you, the taxpayer"

This is a 100% misleading statement.

Will it have to be replenished in the future? Yes
Will it cost $18 billion? Nobody knows the cost.
Will it be funded by you (taxpayer)? Yes, but it is an irrelevant statement because everything government spends money on is taxpayer money.

Your statement includes a charge as if biden is going to tax you more directly to replenish this poor decision. It's a clickbait argument.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I am pro trump. The problem with many trump fans is that they are stubbornly defensive with any constructive criticism.

I said that Biden's decision was dumb to use strategic oil supply. I guess this point isn't valid?

I was saying that your statement that Biden's actions are costing taxpayers $18 billion is misleading if not completely false. Please provide the public record data you used for your statement.

You said...
"AND it's expensive as hell. A million barrels a day times 180 days is about a $18 billion nut that is funded by you, the taxpayer"

This is a 100% misleading statement.

Will it have to be replenished in the future? Yes
Will it cost $18 billion? Nobody knows the cost.
Will it be funded by you (taxpayer)? Yes, but it is an irrelevant statement because everything government spends money on is taxpayer money.

Your statement includes a charge as if biden is going to tax you more directly to replenish this poor decision. It's a clickbait argument.
Then I misunderstood you. My apologies for that. However, look at the list of largest oil producers I supplied. I don't see OPEC ramping up production to offset oil sitting in Russia unsold (or more likely traded to China). So these prices are likely to stay high for a good long while. Do you propose we allow the reserve to remain depleted potentially for years?

And yes, my $18 billion was based on replacing what Biden "took" at current market prices. I didn't even include the last two withdrawals he made from the reserve....just the most recent one.

Best,

·
Registered
828 Posts
Then I misunderstood you. My apologies for that. However, look at the list of largest oil producers I supplied. I don't see OPEC ramping up production to offset oil sitting in Russia unsold (or more likely traded to China). So these prices are likely to stay high for a good long while. Do you propose we allow the reserve to remain depleted potentially for years?

And yes, my $18 billion was based on replacing what Biden "took" at current market prices. I didn't even include the last two withdrawals he made from the reserve....just the most recent one.

Best,
I propose that we appoint Kamala Harris to lead a task force to investigate reducing gas prices.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,293 Posts
Only a small portion of that reserve gets to us, most going to europe

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,293 Posts
Got gas today at “$4.26” a gallon..wonder if that make my car go faster 🤣🤔

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body that I leased that I drove for 3 years. My lease was going to expire next month at the end of May 2022. I ended up buying the car and then selling it. Me and my wife liked that car, and we had a lot of fun driving it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Just filled up at Costco. $3.84 for 92 octane.

·
Registered
828 Posts
March 6, 2022... BP gas station (one of lowest in my area was $3.99/gal 87 octane.

May 10, 2022... same BP station is now $4.55/gal!

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
646 Posts
Same thing has been going on here, last few weeks it’s creeping back up.
2 days ago, I came home Sam’s just didn’t feel like topping off like I usually do. When I left the next day, it went up .18 overnight.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Time to start putting the, "I did that!" stickers on the pumps again.

Reactions: Playhard

·
Premium Member
646 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I have issues with them using the flag that way, but I like the sentiment of the sticker itself.

461 - 480 of 508 Posts