Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the gas prices around your home town. I fueled up and filled my tank today at "Costco" and the 87 octane was $2.40. With this fuel my R/T says I am averaged 12.5 MPG and about 225-240 Miles on this tank. I know everyone's driving habits are different. With that being said I drive 5% highway and 95% city. I get on it every now and then. I am stock performance wise except Mopar CAI. :D Also how many miles is it safe to say to drive after fuel light comes on and A/C on or off?

PS: I'm in Miami, FL

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Whats killing me is teh difference between 87 and 93...what ever happened to the 10cent intervals? Im seeing in WPB 87 as cheap as $2.47 and same station selling 93 at $2.94

oh, getting about 16 to the gallon

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I am paying 2.59 for 89 octane and get 19-22 MPG average in every day driving. :driving:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
91 is like $2.50 here....im gettin about 20mpg.
That's great MPG considering your 6.1. I wonder why my MPG is so freaking low. Fuel grade possibly? Here in Miami gas stations sell 87, 89, and 93 Octane.

87 =$2.41
89 = $2.59
93 = $2.69

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I think paid 2.68 a gallon for 93 this morning. I usually get around 19-20mpg per tank, but for the last 2 tanks I turned off MDS with the predator, and I'm getting just under 17mpg. I'm about 60-70% highway driving usually.

2 Things: The manual recommends 89 for the R/T, and I wouldn't run your tank that low all the time. You will dredge up the stuff at the bottom of your tank. Not good the fuel pump or the injectors. That picture shows 18 gallons pumped, so you only a gallon left in the tank.

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
That's great MPG considering your 6.1. I wonder why my MPG is so freaking low. Fuel grade possibly? Here in Miami gas stations sell 87, 89, and 93 Octane.

87 =$2.41
89 = $2.59
93 = $2.69
well I do like 90% highway. you set these 6.1s at 60mph and they do awesome. once we get driving into town its preety bad.

·
Registered
343 Posts
At my Chevron Im paying $2.79 for 89. Im getting about 13.8 city and 23.4 hwy at about 60-65mph. I check it every night when I get off its a twenty mile ride 19 interstate 10. No traffic so its pretty accurate.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
2.79/gallon 93 octane, getting 21.7 mpg, reset about 4000 miles ago, mostly highway driving though. Im pretty happy, my R/T was getting about 20.1.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think paid 2.68 a gallon for 93 this morning. I usually get around 19-20mpg per tank, but for the last 2 tanks I turned off MDS with the predator, and I'm getting just under 17mpg. I'm about 60-70% highway driving usually.

2 Things: The manual recommends 89 for the R/T, and I wouldn't run your tank that low all the time. You will dredge up the stuff at the bottom of your tank. Not good the fuel pump or the injectors. That picture shows 18 gallons pumped, so you only a gallon left in the tank.
I agree is not good to run the tank on low fuel I have heard the same. However, This was unusual for me. I got out of work and had to pick up some groceries so I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Where I do groceries is where I also fuel up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree is not good to run the tank on low fuel I have heard the same. However, This was unusual for me. I got out of work and had to pick up some groceries so I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Where I do groceries is where I also fuel up.
Walmart?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I pay about $3 a gallon for 93.My gas mileadge sucks-about 11-13mpg-havent checked it since i got the predator to see if it is worse

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I pay about $3 a gallon for 93.My gas mileadge sucks-about 11-13mpg-havent checked it since i got the predator to see if it is worse
Fuel BTU has a role to play, your right foot also has a role to play here. Whether or not you us a predator and have a performance tune, and what mileage and type of oils you use can play a role as well.

It is incremental to change mileage and horsepower, but it can't be done by those who don't understand the ramifications of those changes.

Give me a call and we can discuss.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Hartford County, CT

$2.85 for 93... my daily commute is 40 miles round trip... I average 17.4mpg on my SRT:rocker:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Paying $3.09 for 91 octane in the Bay Area. I am averaging around 12 MPG on my current tank. From what I understand we have the most expensive gas in the country. Yay!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have about a 30 mile round trip commute each day, and according to the EVIC generally get between 21 and 22 MPG.

I usually fill up at Costco, and last weekend it was $2.42 a gallon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just found the readout for my MPG and it was saying 19.7, this is in a SRT. I mainly do highway driving and don't gun it too much. I reset it after filling up today and it was registering about 18.5 after a few miles, better then my ram with MDS. I of course use premium gas as required and today it cost me 2.54 here in MO. Thankfully Missouri has some of the cheapest gas in the nation.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Dude, you only got 150 miles out of 18 gallons.....? That's 8.3 mpg. Don't rely on the EVIC. Do the math, I'm sure your mileage isn't that bad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts