Charger Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i just bought a 2006 charger rt and with a full tank it says it only goes 266 miles until empty hopefully that gets better i dont drive very aggressive
It seems that's based on a cumulative average - my 2010 Ram has adjusted on fill-up with a recent trip that gave me 18 mpg over the normal 14 I'd been getting.

Starts and stops are the most detrimental (sure you'll see your MPG plummet if you get into the loud pedal a lot) - I like to get a little aggressive at times, but that doesn't hurt the MPG as much as when I drive in traffic.

Just my observations...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I usually see 300 to 340 and fill up once a week (on the way home from work on Fridays). I've done a few road-trips where I've seen 400 to 480 for the tank.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Except for the cold Maine winters, I CONSISTENTLY get 380-400 with my 2006 RT. No performance mods other than an open grille. 18" rims with quite meaty tread. Even with a week full of "stop and go" traffic, or a burnout at a random stop light I can still manage 360 or better. 401 mpg is the best I have gotten with the Charger when the gas light came on. I will be pushing it to records when I go on my road trip this September. Hoping to get to 410 or 420 LOL! It is actually quite a fun game to play when the gas prices go up. I have never coasted so much in my life!

·
Registered
502 Posts
WTH? I thought there was a thread on this before with much lower average numbers in refernce to the R/T's. These numbers are crazy different. Some get 280-300 and others are getting 410 miles to the tank in a R/T?

I have the 6 banger and I get 365-380 average with a mix of city/highway, and all highway I can get about 420 miles to the tank cruising at 75-80mph.

I could swear I researched like a mad man and the R/T's get 18-19mpg where a V6 gets from 23-24mpg. Am I mistaken here. maybe i need to go trade in my 6 banger IF you guys are really getting these numbers.........?

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
My last two tanks were 421.9 miles and 436.8 miles from full to refilling. Both were hugely atypical for me because they were basically 100% highway driving. A typical tank for me is about 316 miles.

I'm at 17.7 MPG for the last three years, tracking every bit of driving and every drop of gas. Point is that the range of a tank varies hugely based on where you're driving and how.

·
Registered
2006 Charger RT
8 Posts
Anyone know how many miles you can approximately expect on a full tank of gas for the RT?

400?
500?
i drive strictly in the city and i get 200-220 miles with a couple of highway trips. i took a roadtrip yesterday with aggressive driving and got about 280 on a full tank

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
80 Posts
Jaw Interior design Wood Building Comfort

21 - 28 of 28 Posts