Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I took a road trip last week and stopped at my normal first fillup spot which is 298 miles away and was at lil under half tank. But not driving aggressive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So far I've filled up around 350-390. I drive 60 miles round trip to work with 60% hwy. Around 20 - 21 mpg

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
394 miles on my latest tank, filled up this evening. Was running a little low, though... took 18.5 gallons to fill it right back up to where it started. About 75% highway, mixture of 80 mph and 60 mph heavy on the MDS. In the city, about half the time not giving a crap about mileage, half the time working the auto-stick and keeping it under 2000 RPM on upshifts.

A couple of WOT runs, too.

I'm digging this MDS stuff...

·
Registered
6 Posts
mnunes said:
I usually get about 200-220. :(

Don't feel alone. I'm getting about the same so far. I'm still under 530 miles total and I am half way through my third tank of gas. I have been driving like a grandma in this thing trying to get a decent tank. But you also have to consider that I am about 90% city driving. I don't mind so much because it is a DAMN good ride. I hear it gets better as your milage goes up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i usually get about 200-230 on mine. i only have about 1500 miles on it and most of my driving is short fwy trips of less than 5 mi. i sort of hope that my mileage does improve though. not a complaint, but i calculated my last tank of gas at 13mpg.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i just bought a 2006 charger rt and with a full tank it says it only goes 266 miles until empty hopefully that gets better i dont drive very aggressive

·
Registered
224 Posts
i just bought my 2006 charger rt and it says it will only go 260 miles on a full tank. hopefully thats from the people at the dealership driving aggressive...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've pushed it to 400 miles on a roadtrip to Kansas, all interstate mileage with average speed of 70mph. I was running on fumes by the time I found a gas station lol. I like to stop and fill when I get to around a quarter tank normally, I don't suggest pushing it that far if you have a choice.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I get about 270 at best. Never seen 300, but Im not complaining due to my driving style. Traffic will kill mileage as well as high speeds. Chug around with mds on if you want to see an improvement.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Total milage I get about 340-400 depending how I drive. Obviously the lower number is me racing around. I do alot of Highway speed driving so I avg 23mph or so when I am being a sane person.

·
Registered
224 Posts
how do i turn mds on?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The answer is in the MPG. If you're getting 20, multiply by 19 gallons (of course, like Dreadnought said, it's not advisable to run yourself so you're putting 18.9 gallons in your tank!!! I did that in my Ram a few weeks ago and filled up with only 0.4 gals left in the tank.

I've seen a number of commercials talking about the "range" of a tank of fuel... that can be deceptive. If you have a 35 gallon tank and are getting 10 mpg, you have a range of 350 miles on a tank of fuel... but you're gonna be paying to refuel compared with a 10 gallon tank with a 35 mpg. Same range, different amount of fuel.

I am happy with my 2010 Ram that regularly gives me more than 400 miles between fill-ups - this is compared with my '97 that only once got me 400 miles and usually needed refueled at 300. Slightly better mileage for a 390 HP Hemi compared with a 235 HP 318 in a far larger truck.

Figuring in my vehicles, two built 318s and two Hemi's, my Charger's the eco-box of the lot.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I've pushed it to 400 miles on a roadtrip to Kansas, all interstate mileage with average speed of 70mph. I was running on fumes by the time I found a gas station lol. I like to stop and fill when I get to around a quarter tank normally, I don't suggest pushing it that far if you have a choice.
Thanks for that information... I've often wondered how my Charger would fair in a flatter environment at highway speeds compared with running up and down these hills in PA at mostly 45 mph.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I drive back roads to work and speeds are avg 40-45 mph. Some stop and go. That said I avg the 350 mile range as I get 21-22 mpg most of the time. My worst ever was 18 mpg but that was captain leadfoot the first week I got thecar. Road trips on the highway cruising at 70 mph pushed 26 mpg, don't remember the miles, would have to find the receipts from fill ups

1 - 20 of 28 Posts