Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 charger gt with less than 26,000 mi leaking gas from underneath gas tank. Woke up smelling gas went into garage and notice a small puddle of gas underneath car to driver side rear I also could see that gas was dripping from multiple parts

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
The safest action would be to tow, or more appropriately flat bed it to the dealer for repairs. First, call the dealer and explain the gas leakage and then ask if towing is covered under warranty because this is a safety issue.

Or call MOPAR roadside assistance at 800-521-2779. If you are typically within 20 miles of the dealership I think the tow is covered under warranty

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Did you have a large passenger in the back seat recently ? The top of the fuel pump can crack if a heavy person sits there..it is not as common on the passenger side, but can happen there too. There is a solution, a metal cover:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
2019 charger gt with less than 26,000 mi leaking gas from underneath gas tank. Woke up smelling gas went into garage and notice a small puddle of gas underneath car to driver side rear I also could see that gas was dripping from multiple parts
Hi Jr838, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 2019 Charger GT. I initially thought it was vapor can related, but after putting on the rack today I found a leak around the flange where the fill tube connects to the tank.
See the pic. Taking it in to Dealership tomorrow. I believe it's still under warranty. Crossing my fingers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 2019 Charger GT. I initially thought it was vapor can related, but after putting on the rack today I found a leak around the flange where the fill tube connects to the tank.
See the pic. Taking it in to Dealership tomorrow. I believe it's still under warranty. Crossing my fingers!
View attachment 297671
View attachment 297671
How
View attachment 297671

how did the dealer fix this issue ? What’s the part number for this ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 297671
How did they repair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts