Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a quick question....

My charger has a finger pull on the gas door.......
All of my literature, shows no pull....so I assume that Dodge must of got cheap and went back to the finger pull style, instead of the gas door button inside?
Do the rest of you have finger pulls????

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Nope - I've got an 06 and no finger pull. You're the first person I've heard say anything about it.

Not a huge deal though.

You could probably get one without it from the junkyard or something if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Nope, no pull here & I have an '07

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
oh and NO one got buttons and door releases. First time I went to fill it up I spent 5 minutes looking for the door release.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
oh and NO one got buttons and door releases. First time I went to fill it up I spent 5 minutes looking for the door release.
same thing here i felt [email protected] an had top call my dad to ask cus he has a sublime and had his for about a month. btw i have N E V E R seen a finger pull on the new chargers

·
Registered
868 Posts
I believe I heard the new literature shows a finger pull on the Chargers.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No finger pull and no button inside. I just looked at the literature we picked up on the 2008 and there is no picture showing a finger pull.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, I wonder if I can get a TorRed gas door with no pull......It's not that I really car that it has it, but it's no fun trying to decal over that!!!!
I put the new style Daytona stripes on today and want to do a Super Bee style stripe up top, without the bee, just blank. I'll have to post some pics, once I have it all done!
I installed the rear mudflaps as well....still have the fronts to do....but need to get the right tool to pull the cheap plastic plugs.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
That's funny. I was lucky. The Saturday after I bought the car I went through the manual cover to cover, so I knew there was no button. But the first time I lent it to Flex Junior, I specifically told him "The tank is full, I expect it to be returned with a full tank". Well he dropped it off early the next morning while I was still asleep, and there was money on the seat.

Jeez was I angry! :fuming:

I thought he was just too lazy to fill it up. Then he phoned me later and said "How the heck do you get the fuel door open?" He went to the gas station, spent 5 minutes looking for the (nonexistant) button, then left. :embarrese

I laughed my arse off...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so how do you open the flat doors? Push on the left hand side and it opens?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have an 08 and it has a finger pull. new for 08.

·
Registered
160 Posts
gotta love dodge. they probably reached for the nearest part or got a deal on some finger pull gas doors

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I did the same thing. I was looking for the non-existant button.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
:D Thing i did.....i went to gas it up and i couldnt freekin find how to open??so i just left and later realized when i got home all you had to do was push on one side......:D i felt stupid

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well if anyone was to ever want to pour anything down into your tank, you would probably catch them before they figured it out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It took me awhile to figure out where the gas cap went when you pulled it off. I think someone answered my question on here when i asked about it. I felt stupid when I seen the small notch for the thing to hang from. :embarrese :embarrese :embarrese

1 - 20 of 46 Posts