Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. I'm just wondering which car will smoke the other? Infiniti G35 or Charger SXT & R/T? My friend is kinda being such an ass about it saying that the G35 can easily smoke the hell outta of SXT and R/T.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I was at the track and there were a few G35's runnin. Fastet I saw was around mid 14's with a few runs in the 15's.
Bottom line from what I saw at the track...
They'de beat a SXT, but lose to a RT

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think it can smoke an sxt (0-60 est 8 sec) but would have a tougher time beating an RT (0-60 less than 6 sec est.) the G35 is more luxury than a performance car although they are quite nice. I would say the race vs the stock RT would be a tie.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
with the g35, the sedan is a LOT slower than the coupe. i'd say the coupe would almost be close to the r/t, but it will still lose, and the sedan version would get smoked. whys he think his g35 is so fast when nissan's "fast" car (350z) has a hard time beating rt's? in fact the older (2002) 350z's would get smoked by an rt.

·
Registered
507 Posts
R/T will kill G35 :)
i wish that were true. i raced my friends 05 g35 and beat him by about 3 feet on about a 1/8 mile race. he took me off the line but i slowly passed him.

·
Registered
136 Posts
350Z+Made even more so for women=G35

R/T hands down.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
lets not get hasty.
an SXT will lose to the g35 hands down. period. no questions asked.

my dad owns a G35 sport, sedan. (four door) its a 2007, and as i said the SPORT. which gets ... more stuff? lol.

when i had brylcreem and afe stage 2 r/t with road and track. we raced. wed roll up to green lights waiting for reds.

we were exactly dead even. we got up to about 100 in 2 different races, and 80 or so in a few more.

the winner was whoever had the better launch, after the launch it was dead even, neither could pull no matter what.

that said, i reitterate(sp?) he has the sport model, so stock vs stock r/t vs g35, the r/t prolly wins.

but sport model/coupe vs r/t... g35 might win.

those g35's are expensive to modify, but everyone who does has a turbo on em pretty much,

stockers g35 vs r/t... honestly is pretty much a dead even match, and thats not something im happy about mind you!
so as long as he aint boosted, and your not in an sxt, its a drivers race.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
with the g35, the sedan is a LOT slower than the coupe. i'd say the coupe would almost be close to the r/t, but it will still lose, and the sedan version would get smoked. whys he think his g35 is so fast when nissan's "fast" car (350z) has a hard time beating rt's? in fact the older (2002) 350z's would get smoked by an rt.
The sedan has more hp than the coupe. The coupe is .3-.9 seconds slower to 60 depending on the tranny. See the chart below.

Depending on where you look, the G35 sedan runs 5.2-5.6 0-60 and the Charger R/T runs 5.5-6.0. The G35 weighs 3497 lbs and the R/T weighs 4031.(The G35 has an 8" shorter wheelbase)

Basically it boils down to 0-60 times that are about the same and the G35 is 500 lbs lighter. I think the G35 would win by a hair unless they were carrying a passenger who was "horizontally enhanced", then the charger might win. Since they both MSRP for 32k, IMHO I would lean towards the G35 for that price due to it being much more luxurious...

Don't forget that the G35 has been running head to head with the 3 series Beamer quality wise and kicking the crap out of it performance wise for the last 5 years.
When was the last time you saw a Charger being called as good as a Beamer quality/luxury wise?

Just my 2 copper Lincolns worth.....(putting flame suit on):lol:

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-Cars-0-60.asp?Process=ShowTable

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i wish that were true. i raced my friends 05 g35 and beat him by about 3 feet on about a 1/8 mile race. he took me off the line but i slowly passed him.
The 2005 G35 had 280 hp. Now they have 306.

Wait for the 2008 G37 coupe. they are getting 330 ponies for 34k. I think they would take a R/T.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Wait for the 2008 G37 coupe. they are getting 330 ponies for 34k. I think they would take a R/T.
And R&T nov07 issue talks about the 370z that will come out with the same 3.7L and 350+hp. also, i think they will shorten the wheelbase too.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
From what I understand, at low speeds its even, however, the faster you go the R/T should begin to gain on the G35.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Hey fellas. I'm just wondering which car will smoke the other? Infiniti G35 or Charger SXT & R/T? My friend is kinda being such an ass about it saying that the G35 can easily smoke the hell outta of SXT and R/T.
A new G35 is a driver's race against an R/T. The SXT doesn't stand a chance. The newer G37 (available with a manual trans) would probably consistently beat an R/T or Daytona. I almost bought an AWD G35, but it was just too small for me. They're nice little (and I do MEAN little) cars with lots of creature comforts and a decent price point.

Best,

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
A new G35 is a driver's race against an R/T. The SXT doesn't stand a chance. The newer G37 (available with a manual trans) would probably consistently beat an R/T or Daytona. I almost bought an AWD G35, but it was just too small for me. They're nice little (and I do MEAN little) cars with lots of creature comforts and a decent price point.

Best,
like i said ;)
i have first hand experience driving BOTH. and the new coupes are out on lots, they will break the r/t for sure

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i think the r/t will smoke the g35, especially from a roll

·
Registered
113 Posts
The edge will go to G35 based if has manual transmission and a better skilled driver will edge out any SXT hands down. But if racing against a RT will win based on the larger engine displacement our LX vehicles. But watch out for the G37 will definitely beat a stock RT with the same horsepower and lighter platform. But if you have a RT slight modification like a CAI, Exhaust System you will smoke them all day long. If you have a performance controller you will drive circle around him.
Just my two cents worth!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
larger engine displacement?
dude do you know nothing about power to weight ratios? what wins? a go kart with a 2.7L turbo or a mack truck w ith a 7.0L viper engine?

an r/t with a cai and exhaust will not pull more than a car length on a g35 07 or earlier. and if its a sport model, it will just be the same car. drivers race.

the go kart. assume it was all possible and all, im speakin hypothetically.

the g35 will not "edge out" an sxt. it will destroy it. the coupe, and the sport coupe( '08) will both break an r/t. but it will be very close.

the 07 sport sedan is virtually the exact same car when it comes to power/weight and performance(its got better handling tho).

im telling you from first hand experience. not some spec sheet i read off the internet.

the g35 has the benefit of not having it force shift at redline. it will hold thru redline and get pissed at you. sticktronic mode that is. he drives autostick.

i have no bias for or against a g35. its jsut the simple facts.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The sedan has more hp than the coupe. The coupe is .3-.9 seconds slower to 60 depending on the tranny. See the chart below.

Depending on where you look, the G35 sedan runs 5.2-5.6 0-60 and the Charger R/T runs 5.5-6.0. The G35 weighs 3497 lbs and the R/T weighs 4031.(The G35 has an 8" shorter wheelbase)

Basically it boils down to 0-60 times that are about the same and the G35 is 500 lbs lighter. I think the G35 would win by a hair unless they were carrying a passenger who was "horizontally enhanced", then the charger might win. Since they both MSRP for 32k, IMHO I would lean towards the G35 for that price due to it being much more luxurious...

Don't forget that the G35 has been running head to head with the 3 series Beamer quality wise and kicking the crap out of it performance wise for the last 5 years.
When was the last time you saw a Charger being called as good as a Beamer quality/luxury wise?

Just my 2 copper Lincolns worth.....(putting flame suit on):lol:

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-Cars-0-60.asp?Process=ShowTable
he never said it was new. i figured the odds would be that it'd be a little older. i'm also guessing that the op didnt post the year because he probably doesnt know for sure. for the previous years i'm right, for the newest years your right. 0-60 & 1/4 times here:

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/112_0301_coyw/specs_price.html

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

Agreed

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I've taken two different g35 coupes, two diff. times, two diff. driver's.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts