Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any threads on this, even did a search. If it's old news, sorry, it's still cool though.

On my EVIC, there is a realtime G-force readout

And it stores the peak G-forces

Also got the 1/4 and 1/8 mile timer

and the braking distance

I haven't done much with these yet, still breaking the car in, but I will be having fun with these soon!:yes:

And, I'm not too concerned if they are not scientifically accurate, it's just a cool thing to get on a car!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Would someone PLEEEAAASSSEEE figure out a way to retrofit '06s with this new EVIC?

·
Registered
230 Posts
just because of that i want to trade my 07 bee in for the 08 bee. i have the G meter in my Corvettte and i love it. me and my friends always see how far we can push it :yes:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Thats very nice. Wish it was in my 06.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I suppose the Dash Hawk can do this??

·
Registered
455 Posts
08's get all the goodies. Someone explain why we can't retrofit/reprogram. Whats the big friggin deal, DCX just can't make things easy can they?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is there any companies working on ways of updating current EVIC programs? I have an 07, but the 1/8 & 1/4 timers, g-force and braking recorders are awesome. Nice display.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
BAH! I swore to myself I wouldnt get excited about the 08's and be happy with my 07. But damnit things like this make it so hard!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I Want The Quarter Mile Timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
really does make it hard...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Sucks that you gotta change the instrument cluster to get this - they are sooo expensive and hard to find. I was waiting for a wrecked '07, now I'll have to find an '08!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
How did you get that timer to come up. On the RT R/T I can only get a 0-60 timer. I tried looking for this, but no luck. Maybe it is specific to the SRT8.

Robert

·
Banned
206 Posts
Sucks that you gotta change the instrument cluster to get this - they are sooo expensive and hard to find. I was waiting for a wrecked '07, now I'll have to find an '08!!
I'm in the process of converting my '07 SRT-8's EVIC to 2008 specs. You need to change a lot more than just the cluster. Since nobody has done it before, it's sort of like a "learn as you go" process.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm in the process of converting my '07 SRT-8's EVIC to 2008 specs. You need to change a lot more than just the cluster. Since nobody has done it before, it's sort of like a "learn as you go" process.
Do tell! What are you up to so far?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The caliber SRT4 is supposed to have the G-force meter too. I read a review on the new SRT4 and they said they said it read higher than their tool.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, I thought about the getting in trouble with it too. But it does have a reset option so if the peak readings aren't written to the computer somewhere, it's easy to erase the evidence. I think I'll reset all the timers and the g-force meter before I take my car to service, or any other time it's out of my control. Then I can check and see how they drove it when I get it back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts