Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just have a little bit of info regarding block heaters for an SRT8 6.1 Motor and Replacement TPMS sensors for the different years of chargers.

I just had a block heater installed in my 09 Super Bee and the block heater is the same as the in the 5.7 Liter Hemi. So us SRT8 guys can have a block heater and it won't be a problem.

Second

TPMS sensors on an 08 charger will not work in an 09 charger. I had ordered some winters tires and rims with sensors and the 08 sensors were installed in my rims by mistake and they did not work. I had 09 sensors sent out too me and they work. I did some research and found the part number for the different years

06 -07 : 68001696AA
2008 : 68001698AA
2009 : 56029400AC
2010 : 56029398AA

It does not matter what trim level you have they are the same sensors in each trim level

Hope this helps and hope it has not been posted before

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
172 Posts
About what did that block heater cost you if I may ask, and where does the cord end up (what side of the engine, where do you look for it)? - I need to know if my used RT has one or not, and if not, probably have one installed, thanks.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
About what did that block heater cost you if I may ask, and where does the cord end up (what side of the engine, where do you look for it)? - I need to know if my used RT has one or not, and if not, probably have one installed, thanks.
block heaters are pretty universal. there are probably 3 total block heaters for all current dodge makes. They all just pop out a freeze plug and run wiring from it up to the front grill area.
Most american sold units rarely have them on gas motors. This is more common in canada and on diesels but they can be had cheap and they are good to go.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My block heater cost me $150 Canadian installed ( 82 bucks for the block heater and 70 bucks for installation). Seems to me it installed on the right side of the motor but I could be wrong. THe cord comes up on the left side and up by my air filter. Same places as it was on my daytona :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 08 RT w/R&T pkg and recently bought some 18" RT rims for the winter off ebay. They came with the TPMS and I'm thinking the rims are probably off a 06-07 RT. So these sensors won't work on my 08?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an 08 RT w/R&T pkg and recently bought some 18" RT rims for the winter off ebay. They came with the TPMS and I'm thinking the rims are probably off a 06-07 RT. So these sensors won't work on my 08?
if they came off an 06-07 then they won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts