Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright first off, What's up? I'm Travis and I've been a MOPAR guy since I was 9 and I would never buy a car that wasn't MOPAR. Sadly, I dirve a 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX with a BOSS 302 under the hood, it's my first car so I can't complain it was a gift passed through the family and finally I got it. I'm dying to get rid of it and that's how I stumbled here. Anyways I was talkin to my Mom the other day and brought up the idea of since Im finally getting a Full-Time job since I finally graduated High School and now a part-time college student if she thought it would be a good idea if I could finally buy my dream car. Of course a Charger, I explained the whole idea to her and she said she supports it! I have no big time living expenses and that it would be the best time right now to get one. So FINALLY!!! IM GETTING MY DREAM CAR! I want a SRT-8 and did alot of "Build Your Own" adventures at Dodge.com. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give me at all! THanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Viper, kudos on being a Mopar guy since you were 9 - gotta start early. My advice to you is; get your mom to adopt me!
But seriously, you have a T-Bird with a Boss 302 wedged into it and that is not sufficient as a starter car? That has the makings of a serious beast, and sounds like some real time and effort went into it (handed down?). Of course, if you get the SRT it will be a completely different animal, and a young adult such as yourself could get into some real trouble in it. Not talking the cop kind either. 100mph, 120, and plenty more come up way too fast in the SRT and if you don't have some experience and know what you're doing you could end up real dead real fast. Hope you've learned the ways of speed in the T-Bird, and if you have, then you should be alright. If not, the SRT is not for the inexperienced. Just be careful!!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sounds like you know what you're doing! if you can afford an srt8 and the gas then go for it! those are awesome cars. the only advice i can give you is to plan for the future, and be prepared to pay for a lot of premium gas if u go with the srt8. that was the main reason i got the daytona, good mpg and power. but if money isnt a problem then get ur hands on an srt or a superbee! and have fun

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
welcome viper. If you have the money to buy new then that is awesome, but if you don't mind used there are GREAT deals out there. I got mine from a fellow forum member for 30.5k. Enjoy the site, we are like one big family here!! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys! Any adivce on purchasing one? What to expect and what not? I've never bot a car, brand new to boot.

MotorCity- Yea I've had my fair share of expierence with speed. I usually got my T-Bird up to 130 a few times a day since my school was 10 miles down the highway and I just couldn't resist. I've never had a single wreck but people for some reason always bump my Bird when it's parked. It's funny people that ride with me usually all say something along the lines "That was scary but your a awesome driver!", It is fast and I do love my car but I've just been in love with the Charger since I saw those first pics released a few years back and have been crazy about owning one.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Thanks alot guys! Any adivce on purchasing one? What to expect and what not? I've never bot a car, brand new to boot.

MotorCity- Yea I've had my fair share of expierence with speed. I usually got my T-Bird up to 130 a few times a day since my school was 10 miles down the highway and I just couldn't resist. I've never had a single wreck but people for some reason always bump my Bird when it's parked. It's funny people that ride with me usually all say something along the lines "That was scary but your a awesome driver!", It is fast and I do love my car but I've just been in love with the Charger since I saw those first pics released a few years back and have been crazy about owning one.
I had a 1989 t-bird sc and i used to get that thing to 130+ all the time and it NEVER scared me(it was my first car too). I would never DREAM of taking my srt8 even over 100, to be perfectly honest, it scares the hell out of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts