Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
We see these a lot. The changes to the Charger (if there even will be any in the next couple years) haven't been released.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
that was a concept from about 10 years ago

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Actually I think it is even older than that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That particular picture was a real Charger concept drawing from Dodge/Chrysler prior to the release of the LX version Chargers.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
That's a picture of the 2009 Charger. I saw one at my dealer last week. It is coming with a 426 Hemi and 7-spd manual too! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
That particular picture was a real Charger concept drawing from Dodge/Chrysler prior to the release of the LX version Chargers.
From back when it was based on the same platform as the Intrepid .

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yep, that is a 1999 Concept Charger. Supercharged 4.7L V8 running on CNG (compressed Natural Gas) making somewhere around 300hp. It still travels around to shows from time to time but is by no means new. It was based on the LH platform but used a few Viper parts to make it RWD.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any idea when the 2010 changes will be released, if any? Isnt it about time for the 2010's to start rolling out?
Production for '10 won't start until August, I believe 8/17 per updates on allpar.com. So expect the cars to show up sometime in September. But the redesigned Chargers are supposed to be for the 2011 car year. I don't think anyone knows at this time when the '11 cars will start production, the halt during the bankruptcy probably delayed things a bit.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
^^^^^^ yep, unless its a new model most next year models get built in sept on. Hence if you have a 9-05 charger its a 06 and so on. Unless its some new vehicle like a 03 windstar builddate which were actually 05 model year vehicles

·
Registered
73 Posts
I attented DCA training this past tuesday and the instructor gave us a run down on the 2010 models. he said that the lx platform was getting remodled but other than that he didn't know what it would look like. they are keeping it kind of hush. there will be a 5.0l cummins in the 1500 maybe for 2011 he said, and the fiat 500 will be rebagded with our emblems.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I attented DCA training this past tuesday and the instructor gave us a run down on the 2010 models. he said that the lx platform was getting remodled but other than that he didn't know what it would look like. they are keeping it kind of hush. there will be a 5.0l cummins in the 1500 maybe for 2011 he said, and the fiat 500 will be rebagded with our emblems.
Wow, now that's some news!

To the OP, yea that's an old concept charger. Actually it's one of favorite cars to drive on Midnight Club 3- Dub Edition. But good looking out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts