Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I pull fuses 11,14,16 will the MDS have too be reset. Is anything else affective by pulling the fuses. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Its the magic fuse pull gain 50 hp myth. haha.
No just pull your fuses, for whatever reason, you wont have to reset anything.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You don't have to bother with 14 and 16. Just pull fuse #11 for a few minutes and then replace. And you don't have to do any of that stuff with the key.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
actually i beleive you pull 11 get back in the car put key to acc2, wait for beep, take key out and go put fuse back in

·
Registered
230 Posts
It resets the pcm so it learns the motor all over again. Perked mine right up.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
what couch is getting at is your pcm learns a set strategy based on your engine. "Fuse pull" just resets all parameters like ignition advance, short and long trim fuel tables back to zero. People have the misconception of 100 hp, but all it does is ramp up your fuel temporarily until it gets back to the setting it once was (after 2 drive cycles). The car makes adjustments to everything on your car and a fuse pull just yanks its memory and makes it start all over again. It will return right back to the exact point it was based on what it re learns.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Basically you get a tiny bit of perceived extra power while at the same time burning tons of fuel to get that perception. Bargain imo :smoke:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I heard there really is no 6.1 in the SRT. It is just a 5.7 with a 25amp #11 fuse instead of a 20amp. I never could understand why SRT owners spent all that money.

This theory has been on other forums except instead of the "fuse pull" you disconnected battery. This was around when I bought my 1990 Lebaron convertible. You may get a perceived bump but it is more like taking a placebo. Your car will eventually go back to the learned settings.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yep thats what pcms do . They adapt to little things so people dont get lights or need service for dust on a part kind of things.
Thats crazy on the 90 lebarons' . Those were an obd 1 vehicle that had half the adaptive strategies involved in todays vehicles. I cant beleive that worked back then too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
When I did mine yesterday it seemed to give it a kick in the butt. But this morning I remembered that the 13 slot was empty..... I put a 25 amp fuse in it shut the hood and everything ran awesome. It did burnouts and everything. When I got home I poped the hood and damned if it didnt convert my 3.5 to a 6.1. Bets mod yet!!!!! J/k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts