I think fuse #11 is the only one you really need to pull though

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
not a problem! just doing my job :)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Is it necessary to turn the key till it dings twice after you pull the fuses? Cause I read that some where on here before.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Is it necessary to turn the key till it dings twice after you pull the fuses? Cause I read that some where on here before.
Necessity is argued here, I do it and it works for me so its what I do out of habit, others will say its completely unecessary..

Is that what SuMo's do? You'd think that a14umbra would be a little more helpful then.......

j/k :)
Ya, us SuMo's don't get a lot done around here :tongue:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is the fuse pulling trick the same as just pulling your battery cable off for a few?

·
Registered
498 Posts
fuse #11, 14, and 16 is what everyone says

I think fuse #11 is the only one you really need to pull though
I'll second this! If you want to clear error codes, then #11 is probably all that's needed.
If you want to purge some of the learned HAL settings, then you proabably need to do all 3.
I guess that if you disconnect the battery you need to go through some of the calibration cycles for everything to work well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I have a really dumb question... I would like to do the fuse pull in order to get rid of my cars bad habits but how exactly does the car re-learn everything. Basically my question is how long do I have to go around driving like a maniac in order to get my car to learn that I want it to react with some pep?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the fuse trick didnt seem to do much, maybe i didnt do it right, but i ended pulling the battery cable for an hour and could tell a big difference. It took about 4 days for everything to start calibrating back to norm. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts