Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled fuse's 11, 14 and 16 or what ever the correct numbers were, my car was off, key was out, I pulled them all out then replaced them after being out 1minute.
Did i do it right??

if not please advise me

thanks

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Pull the fuse, then turn the key to START, it won't. LEt it stay there for about 10 seconds it will make a tone, turn off, reassemble fuses, start car.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Hold it to start. It WONT start....hold it there until the tone. Then You've reset. turn it off, reset the fuses, then start and you are good to go.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I don't think you actually have to turn the key but I always do. I turn the key until I hear two dongs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Out of interest, how long of city traffic driving until the car learns "grandma" habits again...ie, how often should you pull the fuses?

And, it anyone knows, after the Diablo install, will this still need to be done, and re-load the tune?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
sorry for the n00bish question, but what exactly does pulling those fuses do?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
sorry for the n00bish question, but what exactly does pulling those fuses do?
From what I understand, pulling the fuses is supposed to in effect clear the car's memory of previous driving habits and help the car learn added mods quicker. For instance, when you add something like a catback or a CAI, pulling the fuse will clear the memory and allow the car to learn the mods faster.

As for me, I tried it once and unless I didn't do it right, my car seemed slower when I hooked it all up again. My advice is to stay away from it and dont chance it because now i cant get it back to how it used to be, although it seems to be getting better, but still nothing to brag about....

-Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts