Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a 2008 Dodge Charger SXT and fuse #33 has completely melted. Does anyone know the name of that fuse/relay? Just traded for this car about 3-4 days ago and it would start just fine. Woke up this morning and tried to go to work and it wouldn’t start, tried hooking up jumper cables (yes I hooked them up correctly) all it would do is “click click click” wouldn’t even try to crank over. Then I opened the fuse box that’s in the truck and noticed that #33 was completely melted, I played with it a little bit and put it back in and then it started and drove just fine, got back home and now it’s doing it all over again. “Click click click”
Please help someone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I’ve got a 2008 Dodge Charger SXT and fuse #33 has completely melted. Does anyone know the name of that fuse/relay? Just traded for this car about 3-4 days ago and it would start just fine. Woke up this morning and tried to go to work and it wouldn’t start, tried hooking up jumper cables (yes I hooked them up correctly) all it would do is “click click click” wouldn’t even try to crank over. Then I opened the fuse box that’s in the truck and noticed that #33 was completely melted, I played with it a little bit and put it back in and then it started and drove just fine, got back home and now it’s doing it all over again. “Click click click”
Please help someone
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
There's a lot to unpack here.

For starters, #33 is a diode, not a fuse or relay. And I can't tell exactly if it's burned or melted, but it certainly is rusted.

The bigger issue is that this is obviously from a very thoroughly flooded car, and we're not talking about something that was driven into a swimming pool. From the looks of that PDC, it was submerged in mud. That it ran at all, however briefly, is astonishing.

The interior must stink to high heaven, no?

Maybe this car was parked on uneven terrain, and just the trunk got flooded. So the first thing I would do is check the integrated power module under the hood to see if it looks like that. Next, pull a door panel or two and look for the water line.

If everything else looks fine, you can replace the rear PDC without too much trouble. But if the IPM and the inside of the doors show the same kind of water damage, it's a parts car, period.

Reactions: BigM06R/TAWT

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
There's a lot to unpack here.

For starters, #33 is a diode, not a fuse or relay. And I can't tell exactly if it's burned or melted, but it certainly is rusted.

The bigger issue is that this is obviously from a very thoroughly flooded car, and we're not talking about something that was driven into a swimming pool. From the looks of that PDC, it was submerged in mud. That it ran at all, however briefly, is astonishing.

The interior must stink to high heaven, no?

Maybe this car was parked on uneven terrain, and just the trunk got flooded. So the first thing I would do is check the integrated power module under the hood to see if it looks like that. Next, pull a door panel or two and look for the water line.

If everything else looks fine, you can replace the rear PDC without too much trouble. But if the IPM and the inside of the doors show the same kind of water damage, it's a parts car, period.
Exactly. I can't believe it ran at all. Run away. Run far away as fast as you can. Hopefully, you didn't pay much/anything for that car.

Jeeez, that's horrendous. Even if you manage to get it running, it's going to constantly have electrical gremlins and could catch fire. That fuse/relay box is a complete fire hazard.

Best,

Reactions: BigM06R/TAWT

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
First thing I thought when I saw that car... it was flood damaged and that's all the silt that was left behind. Miracle it ever started!

I'd avoid this car like the plague... if it was an SRT or even R/T maybe try to fix it up on the cheap but a 3.5 just let it go. Always good to check in trunk pans and under carpet and stuff like that before buying a car. No way that much silt/dirt got in there under normal use. If that was under the hood it would be bad but the trunk? Hell no!

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Bottom feeders selling cars like this to unsuspecting people need to be publicly kicked in the nads about 50 times.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Bottom feeders selling cars like this to unsuspecting people need to be publicly kicked in the nads about 50 times.
For all we know, the OP traded a piping hot bag of circus peanuts for it.

• Haha
Reactions: POWERMAN
1 - 13 of 13 Posts