Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early build R/T and after having the car for almost 2 years I finally tried pulling fuse 17. WOW! What a difference. I was able to smoke the tires with ease and I actually had to be a little careful making turns or the rear end would get loose.

Anyways, now that I have tried this, I want to wire a switch inside the car so I can disable this fuse without popping the hood. Has anyone done this? If so, any suggestions on how I should do it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only works on chargers built before Aug 05. Pulling it completely disables ESP. Just open your fuse box under the hood an pull the large pink fuse closest to the wheel well.

If your car was built after Aug 05, it will go into limp mode.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
How do you know it is August? I have October, I need to try it. I can't right now though because my car is in the shop. :(

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is just what I have read. I still haven't found a good write up on wiring a switch though (still looking though).

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the fact that the switch wired to fuse 17 can be turned on and off without having to restart the car. Yes, you do lose abs, but while playing, who needs it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts