Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is just a little story about my entire experience at a dealership, kinda ends up being two stories that I wanted to share. So if you got about 10 minutes please continue.

So, I went to the local Dodge dealership today to get my oil changed, and before I hand the keys over I always do little things and take note of little things because you just can not trust anybody out there anymore. What I mean by little things is I would turn down the volume to mute on the stereo, put it on a certain radio station, take note of mileage, put the temperature knob to hot with the system off and so on and so forth. Paranoid I know but, I wanna know if anything is being played with.

Well I just recently found out about the trick with our cars with holding the music note button and the North arrow button at the same time. (An awesome feature that trips everyone out that I tell) So while scrolling thru this hidden menu I came across the Last Chime Indication so I took note of what it said...which the last chime indication on my vehicle was low fuel warning.

Anyways, I hand over the keys and start touring the lot. Im looking around for Chargers SRT8's because I haven't been priviliged with seeing one in person. Finally, in the back I come across 4 2008 Brilliant Black Charger SRT8's. I was very happy.

I proceed to see if they are unlocked and what options they have and how much. Well all 4 were exactly the same, almost every option available was chosen, SRT option I, II, III, Sunroof, and Side Airbags, along with the newer style rims. The doors were locked so I continued to walk around waiting to be approached. I have to say this is honestly my first time being at a dealership that I haven't been bombarded by multiple dealers trying to sell me a car. After at least 20 minutes a salesman walks past me turns around and asks if I'd been helped. I replied, "No, I was interested in taking a peak inside one of those '08 chargers. If your not to busy." He responds, "Sure, which one?" "One of the SRT8 Charger's in back" I said. "Okay let me grab the key" he says.

So we walk over there, and he's like "ever seen one of these cars before?" I said, "No, but I have read up on them alot." He begins to tell me all about them, blah, blah, blah. Here's the funny part, so I immediately head for the sticker and blurt out loud "Holy S***, this car is 45 thousand dollars?" he immediately responds "We have a few of the SXT's to choose from, that might be in your price range." I then said, "Nah, I really like the performance and the looks of the SRT's" He says, "You should look at the R/T's, they have the 5.7 and are a little cheaper." "Ya, but I really like the brakes and the hood on the SRT8's" I replied. He then says "Well, you can upgrade the brakes and the hood to look exactly like the SRT8's" You see, this is where I get annoyed. I don't want an R/T and then have to go thru the trouble of changing out parts, to make it look like the vehicle that I am truly heart set on. Is it that I'm a 27 year old punk, dressed in urban street wear, with backwards hat that makes you think I can't afford what I want? Or what? Why is it dealers must always try and make that immediate sell, no matter if it makes you happy or not. I know! You probably have hungry little mouths to feed and am not worried about how happy I will be in the future. Anyways, I refrain from giving him a piece of my mind. So back to the viewing of the SRT8.

The dealer hits the automatic start on the keyfob, trying to impress me, which I might add I'm jealous of now. Not the automatic start, (because I wanna get an aftermarket alarm anyways with that option) but of the Mercedes style lasercut keys now. You know what I'm talking about? There is no actual medal precut specific key that gets inserted. It is an actual infrared connection. (i.e. just like mercedes) Wow I'm impressed. I like that so much more. So I get in the passenger side and he gets in the drivers side and he immediately says you should hear this sound system. He puts it on a hip hop station and cranks the volume up to its full potentional, he then adjusts the bass, mid range, and treble to max. I was like "wow, that's great."

We started making small talk about the vehicle and I was noticing things about the '08's that I love and dislike. First of all the inside of these vehicles is now completely black, there is no half black half gray door panels or gray glove box or what have you, it's all black. (Come to think of it, now that I post this, I didn't realize if the headliner was black. Damn.) The dash has true carbon fiber inserts and so do the pull handles in the doors not the actual handles that open the door as they are still chrome. The MyGig stereo is pretty nice now also, it comes with sirius satellite traffic, which gives you real time info on current trafiic in your area so you can avoid it (a must IMO for CA. traffic) It now has 13 speakers instead of the 11 in the '07 models. I believe the extra 2 are in the center of the dash which is like a center channel for surround sound. The seats are bulkier which again IMO are a little less comfortable. I'm a big guy, part of my decision was do I fit comfortably. And of course the noticeable things like cup holders arent hidden and there is a different bezel around the P, R, N, D area. I'm sure I might be forgetting a few, those were the ones that I remembered the most.

The dealer asks me if I wanted to take it for a spin I was amazed by this and was like "Hell ya!" With the radio blastin and the windows down, A/C on, he pulls out from the back doesn't pay any attention to the speed bumps and plows right over them, pulls out the driveway and up to a stop sign, where he then barries the accelerator to the floor, the tires break loose and we're off. I'm thinking to myself this car only has 3 miles on it. He had it in auto stick mode and I have to say it felt like the transmission had a firmer shift to it than mine. He then pulls over and says "You wanna drive?" "ya, can I?" I get out and the car smells like really hot electronics, medal, and rubber. Poor car, I feel sorry for the person that gets this car. Hopefully its his boss. I said to him "that's a good way to break the car in." He's replied "Oh man, it's gonna smell when we get back." (LOL, just a little!) I get in the driver seat and I asked him if he knew about the extended menu on the EVIC. He had no idea what I was talking about. I showed him and told him how to access it. "wow!?! How'd you find that out?" " I read about it online" I replied. So I go for a little cruise, car still feels the same as mine. I actually said to myself "what'd you expect?" LOL. So we get close to the dealership and he tells me to pull over and we switch drivers, where he then tests out the 0 - 60 stopwatch. Powerbrakes the car a little and guns it. It did 0 - 60 in 6.11 seconds in autostick with ESP on. I was like "ahh, the car is new. Give it some time." We get back to the lot, and I said "well thanks for letting me check out the car and taking it for a spin." "No problem, here let me give you one of my cards" he insists. So I take one and we part ways. That was that.

I now go inside to the service counter and the represenative tells me my car is done just see the cashier. I get my keys and head back to the same guy that helped me. I wanted to find out more information about the free oil changes that I am receiving. I hit him up because I received a little black pamphlet with free oil change coupons inside from the dealer where I purchased my vehicle. I explained to him that I got this coupon book with 4 free oil change coupons inside it, but I was confused because I was told that I have 2 years of free oil changes. And these coupons have expiration dates on them. He says to me ya, I'm basically using those coupons for these oil changes i said "HUH?!?!" "yes sir, 2 years equals out to be 4 oil changes" an even bigger "HUH?!?!" was my reply. "You mean to tell me that in 2 years, I'm only gonna change my oil 4 times???" LOL, I am at 6,000 miles and this is already my 2nd oil change. What do you do? I was under the impression that I could take it in as many times that I want for the next 2 years. Shoot, I already supply my own K&N Oil Filter, they should at least credit me one more. My misunderstanding. Oh well like I said, what do you do? The guy chuckled and agreed with me. I mean even if we went by the general rule of 12,000 miles on average a year driven in California, and you should change your oil lets be nice and say every 5,000 miles. 4 oil changes is only 20,000 miles. Last I checked, it is almost impossible for anyone to drive ONLY 12,000 miles in a year in California unless you have 2 cars and work at home and go to school online. It says in the manual that if you are an extreme driver you should change it every 3,000 miles. Normal driver every 5,000. Where does Dodge get there math from to think that only 2 years worth of oil changes is only 4 actual oil changes. WOW.

Now, back to the first part of this story. The little things. I get back in my car and immediately notice the radio station has been changed and the volume was up....big deal I could honestly care less. But the things that I notice that makes me suspicious is that the EVIC under last chime no longer says Low Fuel... it now says ABS???!!! What the hell is that all about? Where they racing my car in the back and slamming on the brakes? There are 2 extra miles on the odometer. That is odd. I unfortunately did nothing about it, I probably should have but I didn't. I pushed the automatic windows down button and took off. As I pull out I end up passing the same dealer that helped me earlier, I gave him a wave, he gives me a hesitant, odd wave back, like he's saying to himself, he drives and SRT8?? Man if I could only know what went thru his mind at that moment. I get home and proceed to automatically roll my windows up and the passenger side window does not roll up. I try again, nothing. I know they worked before because I always drive with my windows down and when I got to the dealer I distinctly remember rolling them up when I got out. Now I know this is not a big deal as I can just take this back and they reprogram the amount of time it takes for the computer to hold down the window switch, I had the same problem with my silverado after it got serviced for the steering colummn squeaking. My question is what could of possibly been done to the car if only an oil change was being addressed. That doesn't require the battery to be disconnected, or the computer to be played with. I'm floored by this. I'll be returning to the dealer tomorrow to get this fixed and to hopefully get an answer on what went on. See what kind of B.S. answer I get.

Anyways, that was my day at the dealership, I apologize for this being so long. I wanted to give you the full effect. I appreciate any and all comments and I also appreciate you taking the time to read this very long post. I kinda ended it abruptly, but I'm getting sick of typing, as you may be getting sick of reading, LOL. I'll post the follow up response tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The auto-up windows easily become de-programmed for some reason.

However, there's an easy way to reprogram them yourself : put down said window and hold down the switch for 2 seconds then put it up and hold the switch for 2 seconds, then the window should work again.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Next time hide a camcorder or an audio recorder in there somewhere and THEN you'll see what they are doing...

You just can't trust 'em.. anyone for that matter..

·
Registered
309 Posts
The salesman was probably throwing those lower price options to get the SRT look out to you, because YOU reacted to the SRT price FIRST. If you don't want the salesman to treat you like 45k is out of your price range, don't walk around acting like it is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought an 03 Cobra brand new in Nov. of 03. I brought it back to the dealer after a few weeks because the wheels needed to balanced. When I got my car back a few hours later I noticed that they had put 7 miles on my car! When I approached the service manager he told me that they had to test drive the car to ensure that the tires were balanced properly. When I asked him how the hell does he justify a 7 mile test drive he made up some BS and offered me a free oil change. Needless to say I never brought that car back there again. I also watch my SRT while any service is being done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
*scratches head*

You mention yourself that you "blurt out loud" and curse at the price, yet are offended when he low balls you with an SXT to try and accommodate your desire for the Charger's look but hesitancy at the high price? You then continue to get upset when he attempts to meet you halfway with a great balance of price and performance (R/T), then continue to get upset when he even further tries to find a car that you would like by indicating you could get the SRT look and balanced performance for a lower than stock SRT8 price?

If I was the salesman I would've been ready to dig my eye out with a pen. Am I the only person who sees this as beyond unreasonable? The salesman did everything he could to provide you with a car/options to meet your price/performance desires (based on your apparent disgust of the price, not based on reading your mind)

You then enter the car by intentionally hiding the fact that you own an LX let alone an SRT8 when he asks if you've ever been in one before. Granted you dodged the question in terms of "Ever been in a Dodge Charger SRT8 2008 Model Year before?", the salesman is obviously (and understandably) asking if you've ever been in any sort of charger/similar before. The average person would be reasonably act and volunteer the fact that they current own an LX Model (Regardless the MY/Model).

The salesman obviously felt swindled and betrayed when you waved to him and he realized that you are already in an SRT8. He's probably feeling like crap because he just realized he devalued a brand new SRT8 and potentially caused harm to the car simply to provide someone with a joy-ride that had no serious intentions of purchasing the car and essentially lied about being in a charger before, right to his face.

The follow-up with this all is then a failure to read terms and conditions regarding oil-changes and being upset with the dealership about it. Never assume something is what is most convenient for your situation -- always read. Terms and conditions exist for a reason (To protect the company and the consumer).

Perhaps I've being overly critical and overly upset about this matter since I am a manager in customer service (not auto-related, though) and have to deal with items from clients as ridiculous as this on a daily basis.

Granted driving the car and setting off an ABS alert, when the only maintenance scheduled is an oil change, is certainly not acceptable by any stretch (you should have reported it instantly). However, I don't see how any of your actions that were unrelated to the miles/alert on the car were able to be justified either.

If i'm being a jerk about this, let me know and I'll revoke my stance - I'm obviously biased.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just about everytime I shut off my car and restart it I get a different "last chime". It just depends on what test finishes last when you start your car. Whichever test finishes last is recorded. So no, they probably weren't out beating on your car in the back parking lot.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I read this story twice, Im still looking for the part that was funny.

No wonder some salesmen are deceptive and its often nerve racking to buy a car, Guys like you. This was wrong. And if the issue was such a complaint to voice 2 + paragraphs on here then shame on you for not mentioning to the people that could actually do something about it

Tom

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The salesman was probably throwing those lower price options to get the SRT look out to you, because YOU reacted to the SRT price FIRST. If you don't want the salesman to treat you like 45k is out of your price range, don't walk around acting like it is.
As you are very right. I did bring this all upon myself. I guess what i'm trying to say is he probably shoulda worked with me first on trying to get me in the car that I was interested in rather then immediately down grade me to something I wouldn't of been interested in.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*scratches head*

You mention yourself that you "blurt out loud" and curse at the price, yet are offended when he low balls you with an SXT to try and accommodate your desire for the Charger's look but hesitancy at the high price? You then continue to get upset when he attempts to meet you halfway with a great balance of price and performance (R/T), then continue to get upset when he even further tries to find a car that you would like by indicating you could get the SRT look and balanced performance for a lower than stock SRT8 price?

If I was the salesman I would've been ready to dig my eye out with a pen. Am I the only person who sees this as beyond unreasonable? The salesman did everything he could to provide you with a car/options to meet your price/performance desires (based on your apparent disgust of the price, not based on reading your mind)

You then enter the car by intentionally hiding the fact that you own an LX let alone an SRT8 when he asks if you've ever been in one before. Granted you dodged the question in terms of "Ever been in a Dodge Charger SRT8 2008 Model Year before?", the salesman is obviously (and understandably) asking if you've ever been in any sort of charger/similar before. The average person would be reasonably act and volunteer the fact that they current own an LX Model (Regardless the MY/Model).

The salesman obviously felt swindled and betrayed when you waved to him and he realized that you are already in an SRT8. He's probably feeling like crap because he just realized he devalued a brand new SRT8 and potentially caused harm to the car simply to provide someone with a joy-ride that had no serious intentions of purchasing the car and essentially lied about being in a charger before, right to his face.

The follow-up with this all is then a failure to read terms and conditions regarding oil-changes and being upset with the dealership about it. Never assume something is what is most convenient for your situation -- always read. Terms and conditions exist for a reason (To protect the company and the consumer).

Perhaps I've being overly critical and overly upset about this matter since I am a manager in customer service (not auto-related, though) and have to deal with items from clients as ridiculous as this on a daily basis.

Granted driving the car and setting off an ABS alert, when the only maintenance scheduled is an oil change, is certainly not acceptable by any stretch (you should have reported it instantly). However, I don't see how any of your actions that were unrelated to the miles/alert on the car were able to be justified either.

If i'm being a jerk about this, let me know and I'll revoke my stance - I'm obviously biased.
Not at all are you being a jerk, your simply giving me a different point of view. It does tho sound like you have a bunch of built up anger at your job, because you most likely can't express yourself when it does come to "clients as ridiculous as" myself. I knew before even posting anything that I would get different opinions and this is exactly what I'm looking for. Fine with me.

I did hide the fact that I owned an SRT8. Reason being is because I wanted him to try and sell me on that particular car. And to get a sense of what he knows. I was not there to purchase a car, I was there to A. get my oil changed, B. check out the differences of the '07 and '08 model years, and C. to find out this guys knowledge of what it is he does for a living. (i.e. does he know what he is trying to sell me, has he done his homework on this particular model/year vehicle.) I get off on things like this, cause its amazing what people will do or say in order to make a buck. If he had asked if I had a trade in or what do I currently drive then I easily would have said an '07 Charger SRT8. Therefore changing this entire story, Im sure of it. When he said to me "ever seen one of these cars before?" I did in fact take that question as ever seen an '08 charger srt8 before. Which the answer to that question is NO.

The part tho that doesn't make any sense to me WHAT SO EVER... "He's probably feeling like crap because he just realized he devalued a brand new SRT8 and potentially caused harm to the car simply to provide someone with a joy-ride that had no serious intentions of purchasing the car and essentially lied about being in a charger before, right to his face."

You blame this on ME?? LMFAO. He should have NEVER! driven ANY car like that. When I even received my SRT8 the dealer there said "we don't allow people to test drive this car" all tho that caused me to say that "I wouldn't purchase a car that I couldn't test drive." I ended up test driving my vehicle anyways. But, this salesman was OBVIOUSLY trying to impress me with this cars performance and attributes. It's sad that you even make excuses for his actions. I would have never purchased this vehicle if it was driven like that in front of me, NEVER! I wouldn't care if its a million dollar Bugatti Veyron, or a fourteen thousand dollar Toyota Yaris, you dont rally new vehicles like that. This is why we have break in periods. He even said "Oh man, it's gonna smell when we get back." What the??? How do you explain us switching drivers just before we pull into the lot? What was that about? I have always driven off and back on to the lot when test driving a vehicle. If he did feel swindled and betrayed then GREAT, this is my way of proving to myself how unscrupulous car salesman can be.

I never said I was upset with the dealership about the oil changes. Yes I did fail to read any terms and conditions regarding oil changes. Maybe tho instead of explaining oil changes as "free for the next 2 years" it shoulda have just been said as "we are providing the next 4 oil changes for free." again just unscrupulous ways of car salesman. To be quite honest with you I get bothered everytime I go to the dealership and have them change my oil, I would much rather do all the work myself. But hey I have them for free so, why not. I do not even take my car to the carwash in fear that it will get scratched. I do it myself. The 2 times that I have taken the car for oil changes I reassured myself by asking the service represenative "what kind of oil do they use?" the first time he did not know. I stated "mobil 1 synthetic, correct?" he then said "I believe they do." I am so anal about the work being do to my vehicles, that if they didn't use mobil 1 synthetic then I would happily purchase a case so they can use that instead (I already purchase a filter). Therefore instead of using any of their products I am only using their labor and disposal convienences.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read this story twice, Im still looking for the part that was funny.

No wonder some salesmen are deceptive and its often nerve racking to buy a car, Guys like you. This was wrong. And if the issue was such a complaint to voice 2 + paragraphs on here then shame on you for not mentioning to the people that could actually do something about it

Tom
I read your comment four times, S*** I'm reading it again. I still dont undersatnding what your trying to say. :confused:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Venthos,
Just some food for thought, as I wanted to back up my reasonings.

Per dodge website:
R/T with R pkg Base price 35,370.
SRT8 Base Price 38,930.

Upgrades for R/T per moparsupercenter.com

Brembo Brake Calipers Only:
Left Front: $328
Right Front: $328
Left Rear: $364
Right Rear: $364
Caliper Only Total: $1,384

Brembor Rotors Only:
Front Set $66
Rear Set $64
Rotor Only Total: $130

Brembo Brakes Total: $1,514.

SRT8 Hood Kit: $1,448.

Entire project Grand Total (not including paint and hardware for hood) $2,962.

Add that to the $35,370 base price you get $38,332 minus the cost of an srt8thats only $598 dollars. Might I also add that doesn't inlcude the front fascia, SRT wheels, and rear wing. I truly did want an SRT8 so I'm gonna make it look like one right?

So I ask you Venthos, would you rather by an R/T and upgrade these parts? OR just splurge the extra $600 big ones and purchase an SRT8 with everything that you prefer.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I say, "Get what YOU want." Remember, you have to live with your decision, not us. But, I will tell you. If you do "settle" for which-ever car and later decide that you have-to-have the other, your bad decision could negatively effect you to the tune, of say, $4k to $10k. So think about it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I agree with the others that the salesman did what he did because of your reaction. IMO he did the right thing because he wants to make a sale and based on your reaction to the price it would have seemed obvious he wasn't going to sell you a $45K dollar car so he tried to work to make you happy. Most people get absolutely pissed when a salesman keeps trying to sell them a car that's obviously out of there price range.

The part tho that doesn't make any sense to me WHAT SO EVER... "He's probably feeling like crap because he just realized he devalued a brand new SRT8 and potentially caused harm to the car simply to provide someone with a joy-ride that had no serious intentions of purchasing the car and essentially lied about being in a charger before, right to his face."

You blame this on ME?? LMFAO. He should have NEVER! driven ANY car like that. When I even received my SRT8 the dealer there said "we don't allow people to test drive this car" all tho that caused me to say that "I wouldn't purchase a car that I couldn't test drive." I ended up test driving my vehicle anyways. But, this salesman was OBVIOUSLY trying to impress me with this cars performance and attributes. It's sad that you even make excuses for his actions. I would have never purchased this vehicle if it was driven like that in front of me, NEVER! I wouldn't care if its a million dollar Bugatti Veyron, or a fourteen thousand dollar Toyota Yaris, you dont rally new vehicles like that. This is why we have break in periods. He even said "Oh man, it's gonna smell when we get back." What the??? How do you explain us switching drivers just before we pull into the lot? What was that about? I have always driven off and back on to the lot when test driving a vehicle. If he did feel swindled and betrayed then GREAT, this is my way of proving to myself how unscrupulous car salesman can be.
I definitely agree with you here. I don't care what you said/didn't say, he should never have treated a new car that way. I'd be livid if I found out the "new" car I bought had been driven like that, especially by a salesman.
-J

·
Registered
628 Posts
Another thread I have no interest in reading all the way through, so I'll just point something out...

Putting your A/C all the way hot is being a jerk, in my opinion. When I get into a vehicle, I put the A/C all the way on...its 90 degrees outside, I do not feel like being baked for some guys insecurities, sorry. A lot of times, the car isn't brought in immediately, which means it's sitting there heating up...I'm sure you turn on the A/C...I understand its your car, but to be honest, you're getting a favor done, regardless if you pay for it. That's a service we're providing for YOU...you don't need to be a jerk about it...we're not careless, I promise. This is just like the "90% bad cops" in the world...just because theres a few horror stories about tech's, it doesn't mean we're all bad.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another thread I have no interest in reading all the way through, so I'll just point something out...

Putting your A/C all the way hot is being a jerk, in my opinion. When I get into a vehicle, I put the A/C all the way on...its 90 degrees outside, I do not feel like being baked for some guys insecurities, sorry. A lot of times, the car isn't brought in immediately, which means it's sitting there heating up...I'm sure you turn on the A/C...I understand its your car, but to be honest, you're getting a favor done, regardless if you pay for it. That's a service we're providing for YOU...you don't need to be a jerk about it...we're not careless, I promise. This is just like the "90% bad cops" in the world...just because theres a few horror stories about tech's, it doesn't mean we're all bad.
Very true and I totally agree with you about one bad apple ruining the bunch. But if you did read some of the story you would see that I do not actually run the heater. I'm not trying to bake em out. LOL. I turn the knob to hot with the system off to see if I later come back and it is on cold now with it running. Again, I can care less if the radio has been played or the A/C has been ran. I just wanna know what's going on in my vehicle while I'm aways from it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree with the others that the salesman did what he did because of your reaction. IMO he did the right thing because he wants to make a sale and based on your reaction to the price it would have seemed obvious he wasn't going to sell you a $45K dollar car so he tried to work to make you happy. Most people get absolutely pissed when a salesman keeps trying to sell them a car that's obviously out of there price range.

I definitely agree with you here. I don't care what you said/didn't say, he should never have treated a new car that way. I'd be livid if I found out the "new" car I bought had been driven like that, especially by a salesman.
-J
Thanks for your opinion J. I think what I was trying to do tho, was get him to first try and sell me the SRT8 and then give me other options. Instead of immediately trying to put me in something I didn't want. Again, I realize I caused him to do that by reacting to the 45k price.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Very true and I totally agree with you about one bad apple ruining the bunch. But if you did read some of the story you would see that I do not actually run the heater. I'm not trying to bake em out. LOL. I turn the knob to hot with the system off to see if I later come back and it is on cold now with it running. Again, I can care less if the radio has been played or the A/C has been ran. I just wanna know what's going on in my vehicle while I'm aways from it.
We could simply put it back to how you had it and you'd never be the wiser. But when it's 100 billion degrees outside, and the A/C is off with the knob towards the heater, trust me, we don't take kindly to that. That's a slap in our face. Like I said, that's just being a jerk. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a jerk, but that action is one of a jerk.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We could simply put it back to how you had it and you'd never be the wiser. But when it's 100 billion degrees outside, and the A/C is off with the knob towards the heater, trust me, we don't take kindly to that. That's a slap in our face. Like I said, that's just being a jerk. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a jerk, but that action is one of a jerk.
LOL, How's that acting like a jerk?? You don't take kindly to that?? What the?? How would you even know I purposely put the knob to hot? A slap in your face?? Very true they could put it back to the way I had it, and I wouldn't know. That would basically tell me that nothing was being played with, great. I'm not doing it to get somebody in trouble, like I said i'm doing it for my own personal benefit. They are working on the outside of my vehicle, why should the A/C even be on? Again, I DONT CARE IF IT IS USED. I only wanna know. I still can't get over the "we don't take kindly to that" How would you know? So you mean to tell me that everytime you get in someones vehicle and you see the temperature knob on hot, your gonna automatically not take kindly to that?????? Go figure.

Also, a slap in the face is for instance you being friends with a group of people, one of those friends has a party and invites all your friends but not you. Now that's a slap in the face, not somebody turning a knob to heat with the compressor off.

·
Registered
628 Posts
LOL, How's that acting like a jerk?? You don't take kindly to that?? What the?? How would you even know I purposely put the knob to hot? A slap in your face?? Very true they could put it back to the way I had it, and I wouldn't know. That would basically tell me that nothing was being played with, great. I'm not doing it to get somebody in trouble, like I said i'm doing it for my own personal benefit. They are working on the outside of my vehicle, why should the A/C even be on? Again, I DONT CARE IF IT IS USED. I only wanna know. I still can't get over the "we don't take kindly to that" How would you know? So you mean to tell me that everytime you get in someones vehicle and you see the temperature knob on hot, your gonna automatically not take kindly to that?????? Go figure.

Also, a slap in the face is for instance you being friends with a group of people, one of those friends has a party and invites all your friends but not you. Now that's a slap in the face, not somebody turning a knob to heat with the compressor off.
I'm actually a Dodge tech, and thats how I would know, which is why I'm chiming in on this thread. Uh, working on the outside of the car? So I guess the car magically teleports itself into the bay, I mean, mine don't...but maybe yours does. If it doesn't...then it obviously has to be driven. Sit in your car in hot ass weather with the A/C off, even for 10 seconds after you've been working outside all day...I'm sure you wouldn't like it. And how would I not know if you purposely turned it? C'mon now, I'm sure if you have the intelligence to come on here and post this that you have enough common sense to figure that one out on your own.

I also don't see how you gain anything from knowing your A/C was turned on. I sure as hell don't. It isn't being "played" with, it's being used. I'm sure you're also the type of guy who stands there continuously questioning when your car is going to finally get onto a lift, and then when it does, you sit there staring at your car get worked on...loosen up man, you'll live longer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts