Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a fun way to get a bit of personalization into my Daytona... and it's a red matching shift knob with custom engraving!

I bought the Shift Knob from Ripps70.com, they've got all sorts of interesting designs. The knob looks like a billiards ball, but they can put different logos in place of the normal billiard numbers.

http://www.ripps70.com/dodge___chrysler___plymouth_pg9.htm

They have all sorts of colors and designs, the one I got was the Red R/T (which happens to match the torred color very well). Unfortunately, there is no daytona design and there is no sublime color... but there is a plum crazy knob. And there is a black super bee knob.

The best part is you can pay a bit extra and have a bit of custom engraving put on the knob!

Despite what their website says, you can get a knob with other thread options. My 2006 charger uses:
8mm x 1.25mm thread

Picture of the shift knob with engraving.

You can see that the profile of the knob is round. The R/T pattern is embedded in the resin, so it's not just a screen print or paint on the surface of the ball. The surface of the ball feels smooth unless you get custom enraving. The engraving is etched in the exterior resin.

How it looks in the car! Just unscrew the stock knob and screw on the new one.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I put it in the cart, there's no place to specify which thread I need. How did you tell them?

Ah, I didn't use their shopping cart. I just emailed them at [email protected]. Once they clarified exactly what I wanted they sent me a paypal invoice.

I guess they still haven't fixed their shopping cart... hmmm...

First, They told me their prices for the 8mm threaded knobs:
# Red RT with 8mm master: available now for $30 + shipping ($5.67 for U.S.; additional for foreign)
# Red RT with 8mm master, with engraving: available in 4-5 weeks for $40 + shipping ($5.67 for U.S.; additional for foreign)

I replied with what I wanted:
Hi Anna -

Thanks for the quick response! I'm definitely interested in the Mopar Red R/T with 8mm master, with engraving: "#0779" for US$45.56 (including shipping).

Can you please let me know how I can create a PayPal transaction (or other method)? I can add items to a shopping cart on your website but I cannot specify engraving or the 8mm thread.

Thanks!

We had to clarify about the color of engraving (I assumed it had to be black, but it turns out they do many colors of engraving). Then Anna sent me a paypal invoice.
Black is no problem. I'll get that ordered right away. The font would be block font, as shown...

I'm sorry, I had misunderstood your question about PayPal. I thought you meant that you didn't have an account, but now I see that I read it wrong! I'll send you an invoice shortly.

Thanks!
Anna

·
Registered
890 Posts
With the sport version of the Caliber, you can get the dash / shifter bezel area keyed to the color of the car, and the seats have an insert with the same color. It does not come in White, or black though.

I just changed my SE black parts to the silver ones from the SXT. Maby painting them blue would be nice.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yes it does look real good. Is that the stock shift Rod?

·
Registered
14 Posts
shift nob

Yeah, that's the stock shift rod...

And of course, this mod added 2 hp at the wheels. But only in reverse :p
Man thats nice...is there any specific adapter you had to get?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man thats nice...is there any specific adapter you had to get?

Nope, whoever makes these things inserts a machined metal plug into the bottom of the ball which has the exact thread and pitch that you request. So it screws on where the original one was. It comes with a nut so you can 'lock' the knob down.

That is, instead of screwing the ball on all the way so that you cap out the thread, you can screw on this nut to whatever depth you want and the knob won't spin beyond that point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.