Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really looking forward to this one! It belongs to the son-in-law of a client I did a 2013 Gran Sport Vette for, a few months back. So I was HOPING this one would come my way! And I knew it was in worse shape than the owner "thought" it was (like usual), so I really had a chance to change the way he perceived the overall finish of this Mustang! Here's how I handled business:
Car will probably be coming back in a couple months for a paint correction on the powdercoated wheels, as those weren't addressed in this particular detail. ON WITH THE PICS!!!

Arrival condition, car has 40k miles, and is NOT a DD, garage kept:

Cat footprints....

Engine bay before, not bad, just dusty & a bit chalky:

Getting started:

In an effort to strip existing protection, I added 4oz. of Adam's APC to the otherwise normally Ph Balanced Adam's Shampoo:

Pool rinse to aid in faster drying:

Baggie test to feel surface:

And this is ALL I got after the roof, hood, and trunklid:

IPA Wipedown prior to polishing to further remove old protection:

Here's what I found upon inspecting the raw paint:

Time to do work:

Got out the Cyclo for the tight areas down low:

My little Metabo 4" made a quick appearance for the tight tail area:

Taillights before:

Taillights after:

For tightness on the big radiator panel under the hood:

Metal sexiness:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine bay pimped:

Alcohol wipedown again, before sealant/wax combo:

Finished shots:

LOVE this tail baby:

New rear window mod

This rolling black mirror was reflecting the greenery in my driveway all over the place, lol.

Thanks for hanging out & reading!!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Looks good dude. But to be honest, 4 hrs in my driveway with some McGuire's (no power tools) and my car shines just as nice. And my underhood is cleaner :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
The junkman doesn't have sh!t on this haha. Nice work, beautiful!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Easy there killer... It only had 40K, isn't a DD and is garage kept... It would take a "professional" to clean it up... Is wasn't bad to start with if you look at the pics..

As far as the Junkman goes, you might want to ride the bench a while and learn before bashing a known professional who is here OFTEN just to assist us and for no personal gain or promotion of one or more products.....

Edit: It does look great though Chase!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Easy there killer... It only had 40K, isn't a DD and is garage kept... It would take a "professional" to clean it up... Is wasn't bad to start with if you look at the pics..

As far as the Junkman goes, you might want to ride the bench a while and learn before bashing a known professional who is here OFTEN just to assist us and for no personal gain or promotion of one or more products.....

Edit: It does look great though Chase!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haha I know but I love messing with the guy since he bashes others on here all the time, no disrespect meant. I should have put *I kid* since humor is often misconstrued here on the Internet. I'm also guessing the junkman named himself based on the 1982 independent film called "The Junkman" starring H.B. Halicki...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Junkman

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts