Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because I see many people join the forums and ask a lot about the best loud exhaust for the 3.5L I always tell them that Full Boar is a good route to go, well here's a video of mine. Hopefully this helps a lot of 3.5L owners. Part number of the muffler is FB425.

All you need is the muffler, some tips, and an exhaust shop to bend your pipes and weld everything together, in total, parts and labor run me about $250 for this whole setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GX-S_gO8SE

Here's the thread that made me wanna do this, I read every single page and was convinced this was a great way to add sound and dual exhaust without compromising performance, the 3.5L V6 was not meant to have a true dual setup in the Charger, so I think having just one muffler is no biggie, yes it's not an actual dual exhaust... but I just wanted to fill that other hole and the sound is equally amazing through both pipes.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f38/ghost-se-exhaust-muffler-daboom-82454/

The muffler is inexpensive, really good bang for your buck, this is the one you need if you wanna go this route: http://www.fullboarperformanceexhaust.com/servlet/the-29/Single-Chamber-Race-Muffler,/Detail

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh ok. Thank you. Not too expensive. Are there any good comparable ones? (sorry in case don't reply quick, leaving for few hours). Thank you.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What size in and out should I order?

2.25 and 2.50 inch..

CAUTION: this is a lot louder than stock and when accelerating through 2200-2400 RPMS there is drone, but when you're coasting it's really hard to notice. Also if you drive your Charger over 80mph on a daily basis I wouldn't recommend this system, but below those speeds, whenever you're cruising, it's not much of a problem,

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you any of you have more questions on vibration, harshness and drone you should go take a look at the challenger talk thread, it pretty much answers all questions and based on reading that thread you should have a definite answer of whether this exhaust setup is for you or not.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just got my Dynomax VT muffler and Blastin Bob's 14db kit installed today. Gotta say I am happy so far. No drone except around 2000 rpm at about half throttle, if you are less or more throttle no drone at all.
Tried to get video but way too windy outside, will try tomorrow at work inside shop for video and post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Driving Dodge over 80 PMH?

2.25 and 2.50 inch..

CAUTION: this is a lot louder than stock and when accelerating through 2200-2400 RPMS there is drone, but when you're coasting it's really hard to notice. Also if you drive your Charger over 80mph on a daily basis I wouldn't recommend this system, but below those speeds, whenever you're cruising, it's not much of a problem,

Where in the United States can one drive over 80MPG legally on highways? Are there any states where there is such a speed limit?

Thank you

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where in the United States can one drive over 80MPG legally on highways? Are there any states where there is such a speed limit?

Thank you
Idaho used to be, but no more. There was a stretch in Idaho between towns that had no speed limit, but the federal government got involved years ago and changed that.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thank you

I know in Texas they have some freeways with an 85mph limit. Here in Michigan our speed limits are 70mph on the feeeways but everyone goes around 75-80 with the flow of traffic, so sometimes when passing it's very easy to get above 80mph.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No problem there i don't do much highway or traveling. One last thing man, what size pipes you got running? And you only have one muffler right?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know in Texas they have some freeways with an 85mph limit. Here in Michigan our speed limits are 70mph on the feeeways but everyone goes around 75-80 with the flow of traffic, so sometimes when passing it's very easy to get above 80mph.

Our freeways are 65, but when I do 75 mph to work I am getting blown by and have to drive in the slow lane. :driving:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem there i don't do much highway or traveling. One last thing man, what size pipes you got running? And you only have one muffler right?

Whatever the outlet size is which is 2.25 inches, don't wanna lose any performance so don't go any bigger, and yes one muffler only.

The shop will cut right in front of your suitcase muffler and take everything off, and the stock single pipe will go into the one inlet of the muffler, then they will custom bend two pipes for your outlets, That's how I explained it my local shop and they took care of the rest.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Whatever the outlet size is which is 2.25 inches, don't wanna lose any performance so don't go any bigger, and yes one muffler only.

The shop will cut right in front of your suitcase muffler and take everything off, and the stock single pipe will go into the one inlet of the muffler, then they will custom bend two pipes for your outlets, That's how I explained it my local shop and they took care of the rest.

Sounds good man! I'm gonna order it tonight and get it done soon it gets here ;)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good man! I'm gonna order it tonight and get it done soon it gets here ;)

Great!! It will be louddddd, hope you don't regret it ;)

I loved it the first month, the I kind of got sick of it for 3-4 weeks, but then my exhaust settled in, and most of the vibration and drone was gone, and I've loved it ever since, 30-60 pulls are very addicting and fun now :D

Just remember after you install it that won't be it's long term sound, mine was raspy on WOT when I first had it, but everything deepened after 3-4 months.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts