Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings
i heard some information that there is some C 300 and Chargers 2011 up get burn . fire start from fuel tank with unknown reason!!. is there recall about fuel tank for dodge charger? please i am getting worry. im sure dodge not make some kind of this mistake .

dodge charger
SE 2011
3.6 vvt

·
Vendor
10,351 Posts
:alfdance:
Greetings
i heard some information that there is some C 300 and Chargers 2011 up get burn . fire start from fuel tank with unknown reason!!. is there recall about fuel tank for dodge charger? please i am getting worry. im sure dodge not make some kind of this mistake .

dodge charger
SE 2011
3.6 vvt
Zak,

I went over to NHTSA that monitors all the recalls and technical bulletins on every year car.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchVehicles

I couldn't find anything that would indicate it from them on a recall or tech bulletin.

I would relax.:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I'm on 5 forums for dodges and this is the first I'm hearing of it. Who's your source?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actualy i saw pictures for C300 get burn and fire start from fuel tank inside the car. and i have friend in UAE told me more than 20 cars C 300 burned with in this summer.
but thanks for Brain for great information . cus i really love my car.

·
Vendor
10,351 Posts
Actualy i saw pictures for C300 get burn and fire start from fuel tank inside the car. and i have friend in UAE told me more than 20 cars C 300 burned with in this summer.
but thanks for Brian for great information . cus i really love my car.
Your welcome! I love my car too!:rocker:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I remember the challengers of 2013 a batch of them were burning down but was electrical i think... Wouldnt gas tanks explode not just "burn down"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as Brain said no recall found for fuel tank but some cars burnd down for unknown reason. and i checked there is no recall .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Greetings... i received the attached picture from friend (he have charger 2012 se model) .
electrical connector (plastic cover ) melted .you can find it by moving the back seat and see the connector up on the fuel tank that goes to the fuel pump. every one have Chrysler 300 or dodge chagrer or Challenger need to check it if its like the picture .would be highly recommand to run to the dealer. for change the connector... yes your car subject to burn down and that is not kidding. i already emailed dodge but no respond ! .
there is no recall yet but doesnt hurt if you check your car .
:confused:

Dodge charger
2011 SE model

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I remember the challengers of 2013 a batch of them were burning down but was electrical i think... Wouldnt gas tanks explode not just "burn down"
Gas tanks are plastic and vented. They would need a very special set of circumstances to go "BOOM", they just melt and burn.

There are a few things that can blow up in cars, gas tanks aren't really one of them anymore.

Television and movie cars have a different set of laws for physics...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok ..dealer informed me there is issue with the fuel pump connector.. and they change it for free!!! so you still think its movies?!!.
by the way my car out of the warranty cus its 70000 mile

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't believe he was saying that the car would not burn if something went wrong in that area. He just said it would not EXPLODE. Jonny is right though, TV shows to many cars blowing up after hitting a pebble on the ground while gas is leaking from the gas tank....lol.

However, glad you have your car fixed and now you can truly relax.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts