Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody monitored changes in fuel econmy after upgrading intake and exhaust systems? If so, please post your results. Feel free to mention performance increases as well.

Thanks,
Mob_Muscle

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well after I was done playing around and got back to my normal driving routine I saw a 2 mpg increase. went from 19.8 mpg average to around a 22 mpg average. I have a K&N CAI and a JBA catback and love them both.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Yeah after getting over the new sound it did improve. I would say between 2-3mph.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
The key is getting back to your "normal driving". Alot of people see their mileage go down after they bolt on new mods because they are laying into the throttle alot more. Modifications like this can allow the motor to operate more efficient so mileage will sometimes increase.

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say. I haven't opened up the full intake/exhaust path on a car in about nine years, but the last rice roc... I mean, CAR... with which I did this (intake/header/cat/exhaust) had the RPMs at 60mph drop by ~900. If nothing else it at least lets the engine work less to achieve the same results...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say. I haven't opened up the full intake/exhaust path on a car in about nine years, but the last rice roc... I mean, CAR... with which I did this (intake/header/cat/exhaust) had the RPMs at 60mph drop by ~900. If nothing else it at least lets the engine work less to achieve the same results...
Did you change the tranny out?

All the air in the world isn't going to change your gear ratios!

For the initial poster...Are you trying to convince the wife? I had to do the same thing on my last car:grin:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mine seems to have gotten better. I was never able to get more than 240 miles to a tank (In town) and the last tank I got 300 miles. I also went from using 87 to 89 octane so that may have helped also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Flowmaster 40s and an AFE Stage 2 - my mileage has increased about 1.5mpg and that's with me laying into the throttle a bit more than I ever did when it was bone stock.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have gotten as much as 28 on the highway and 18.5 in the city. But most of them time I do mostly city and I drive with a lead foot, and get about 16-17.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know remember what it used to be but I do know I get better mileage. I now Average 6.5 MPG @ WOT and my highway cruise is around 24 MPG, But I will say that I live in Europe and my highway speed is around 80 MPH. On some of the lesser rural roads I've seen around 27-29 MPG.
MODS that would effect this:(JBA: headers/HF cats/cat-back, TB spacer, S&B CAI, Super chip, Jet Chip)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts