Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: Dodge Magnum SRT8 seats, front and back. Got them off of ebay a while back and wanted to make them work with my Charger, but the back seat was going to be too much work, and the front wiring gave me some questions marks... See below for pics of what I mean.

Now, I might have someone who would buy the rear seats, the Magnum specific parts. If so, the front seats, which will work with Magnum's or Chargers would be left, if you don't want to deal with the rear Magnum portion.

As you'll notice in the pictures, there were some clipped wires, and I
don't have the dark colored side bolsters for the
back.. But I talked with moparsupercenter.com and
they said it's about $29 a piece for those. also, it
sounds like they can get the plug that's missing on
one seat. Passenger side... $3, I think?

Driver seat, wires cut. Two wires, on the seat side.
then twisted together. I don't know which wires they
were, or why they were cut... but there is enough to
splice back together.

Front seats. I can not guarantee the sensors for the
OCS are viable on the passenger side. But you can
pull the seat "top" off the frame for the passenger
side, and put this one on, thereby not pulling your
passenger side frame, and keeping your OCS sensors
happy.

Back seat bottom.

Back seat back. Built for a Magnum.

Passenger seat showing where the plug was cut from the
harness. there are only 3 wires going to the plug and
they are verified to be the correct color as those
wires on my seats I currently have. So it's just a
matter of getting a new plug and installing the wires
on the correct pins.

I can't guarantee all the electronics work. I would
assume they do, but I didn't get around to testing
everything to make sure it worked.

I wasn't too worried about the electric stuff. I
figured a plug and splice woulda fixed me up fine. My
major issue was how to get the Magnum back seat parts
to fit into the Charger. Never got a very good
solution, so they got shelved when I found my Daytona
seats.

I'm in Central Iowa, would rather NOT ship these for the time being. Price: $1100 OBO, but right now, I'm not so much about the OBO as I am the $1100.... I MAY be willing to take more than $1100 + shipping if you want me to ship them. But that would be up to you as to how much more over you want to pay for them.

I have more pictures, or can take more pictures if you wanna see more.

Thanks.
Rich

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
For sale: Dodge Magnum SRT8 seats, front and back. Got them off of ebay a while back and wanted to make them work with my Charger, but the back seat was going to be too much work, and the front wiring gave me some questions marks... See below for pics of what I mean.

Now, I might have someone who would buy the rear seats, the Magnum specific parts. If so, the front seats, which will work with Magnum's or Chargers would be left, if you don't want to deal with the rear Magnum portion.

As you'll notice in the pictures, there were some clipped wires, and I
don't have the dark colored side bolsters for the
back.. But I talked with moparsupercenter.com and
they said it's about $29 a piece for those. also, it
sounds like they can get the plug that's missing on
one seat. Passenger side... $3, I think?

Driver seat, wires cut. Two wires, on the seat side.
then twisted together. I don't know which wires they
were, or why they were cut... but there is enough to
splice back together.

Front seats. I can not guarantee the sensors for the
OCS are viable on the passenger side. But you can
pull the seat "top" off the frame for the passenger
side, and put this one on, thereby not pulling your
passenger side frame, and keeping your OCS sensors
happy.

Back seat bottom.

Back seat back. Built for a Magnum.

Passenger seat showing where the plug was cut from the
harness. there are only 3 wires going to the plug and
they are verified to be the correct color as those
wires on my seats I currently have. So it's just a
matter of getting a new plug and installing the wires
on the correct pins.

I can't guarantee all the electronics work. I would
assume they do, but I didn't get around to testing
everything to make sure it worked.

I wasn't too worried about the electric stuff. I
figured a plug and splice woulda fixed me up fine. My
major issue was how to get the Magnum back seat parts
to fit into the Charger. Never got a very good
solution, so they got shelved when I found my Daytona
seats.

I'm in Central Iowa, would rather NOT ship these for the time being. Price: $1100 OBO, but right now, I'm not so much about the OBO as I am the $1100.... I MAY be willing to take more than $1100 + shipping if you want me to ship them. But that would be up to you as to how much more over you want to pay for them.

I have more pictures, or can take more pictures if you wanna see more.

Thanks.
Rich

LoL bro, those seats are butchered! (wiring). Not trying to rain on your parade, but you're gonna have to go quite a bit lower than that. I may be interested but I'm no johnny-electronic so you're talking about at least $200 worth of splicing and wire hacks to get the electronics of the seats to work.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if the price comes down....

GL on your sale man.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
LoL bro, those seats are butchered! (wiring). Not trying to rain on your parade, but you're gonna have to go quite a bit lower than that. I may be interested but I'm no johnny-electronic so you're talking about at least $200 worth of splicing and wire hacks to get the electronics of the seats to work.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if the price comes down....

GL on your sale man.
if you are no "johnny-electronic" how do you know how much it will "atleast" be? Posts like that should be done through PM not on a thread to hurt a potential sale :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
if you are no "johnny-electronic" how do you know how much it will "atleast" be? Posts like that should be done through PM not on a thread to hurt a potential sale :rolleyes:
BECAUSE i'm no "johnny-electronic" I get all my electrical mods DONE FOR ME! thats how I know approximately how much splicing/repair would cost

And my intention is not to hurt his sale. Its to offer a dose of realism, afterall... he is offering it to us, the Chargerforums public. When I had my Nav system up for sale, I welcomed someone's comment who told me that what I was asking for was WAY over market value. I lowered it a bit and sold it in a week.

·
Registered
298 Posts
BECAUSE i'm no "johnny-electronic" I get all my electrical mods DONE FOR ME! thats how I know approximately how much splicing/repair would cost

And my intention is not to hurt his sale. Its to offer a dose of realism, afterall... he is offering it to us, the Chargerforums public. When I had my Nav system up for sale, I welcomed someone's comment who told me that what I was asking for was WAY over market value. I lowered it a bit and sold it in a week.
X2

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Butchered? One plug is missing and two wires need to be crimped together. Holy crap, that's butchered all right. *sigh*

So, why don't you tell me what the going rate is for SRT8 seats, as well as SRT8 seats for a Magnum. Provide some proof here also, as I don't think I'll accept "I saw them for blah on blah".

So, if I spend like $20 and get them working, does that mean you'll pay the $1100 + $100 extra because it was gonna be "butchered"?

*shakes head sadly*

Moral of the story... You wanna "offer me a dose of realism" because I'm offering it for too much, then do it privately. Geesh.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey whats up bro will it fit in a charger?? and how much did you say?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front seats will fit in no problem. I'm working on geting the necessary plug, and then I'm going to try and get them checked to verify everything works.

The issue is the rear seat. The bottom will fit fine. the back split portion will not latch. As far as I can tell, it will mount okay, but the latch is higher and farther out than the Charger. So either you come up with a way to move the latching pin on the charger down and inward, OR, you move the latch on the seat... equally iffy proposition....

OR, you pull the covers off the seats, and put them on your Charger frames. There is someone on lxforums.com who moved the Daytona covers to a Magnum frame, I'm sure it'd be equally easy to do that for a Magnum to Charger swap. Depends on your level of risk?

I see that there's a set like mine for a Magnum on ebay right now... $100 more than mine...

·
Registered
128 Posts
howmuch did you say you wanted?

·
Registered
869 Posts
howmuch did you say you wanted?
It's at the bottom of his first post. It says:

"I'm in Central Iowa, would rather NOT ship these for the time being. Price: $1100 OBO, but right now, I'm not so much about the OBO as I am the $1100.... I MAY be willing to take more than $1100 + shipping if you want me to ship them. But that would be up to you as to how much more over you want to pay for them."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts