Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Oil Catch Can from Billet Technology

(never used)

no need for pics its brand new and its Satin

I think I payed around 115+ shipping I will sell for 100 shipped

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You decided not to drink that particular cup of Kool-Aid, eh?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why are you selling. I heard they are a good thing to have because they keep oil out of your intake. Mine is suppsed to be in this week.
thanks,
spittle

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There may well be merit to the whole thing but there are two things that make me wonder:

1) These cars have been on the road (in 300C and Magnum form) for three years. The catch can is a "Johnny Come-lately" mod. How did we EVER get along without it?

2) I'm struck by the "viral" nature of this. The LX Forums are flooded with posts about catch cans, while over here there's a SINGLE thread (or at least there was, before this one). Makes me wonder how much of this is vendor driven.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Brand new Oil Catch Can from Billet Technology

(never used)

no need for pics its brand new and its Satin

I think I payed around 115+ shipping I will sell for 100 shipped
Did you order the model fit for cars with afe stg2?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There may well be merit to the whole thing but there are two things that make me wonder:

1) These cars have been on the road (in 300C and Magnum form) for three years. The catch can is a "Johnny Come-lately" mod. How did we EVER get along without it?

2) I'm struck by the "viral" nature of this. The LX Forums are flooded with posts about catch cans, while over here there's a SINGLE thread (or at least there was, before this one). Makes me wonder how much of this is vendor driven.
I agree I think a lot of it is vendor driven. If the amount of oil they captured is real though that seems like it could be useful.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I agree I think a lot of it is vendor driven. If the amount of oil they captured is real though that seems like it could be useful.
I don't really understand the crazyness over BT stuff, but I will say this...

Now I could be wrong but it seems that a greater number of their members have torn into their motors. I'm talking heads, cam, bored, and stroked here. LXforums used to be a magnum forum, and those guys have had their cars a little while longer than us. So maybe a combination of those things have led to the current trend.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I'm curious too Anthony. Everything ok with the order. Do we need to fix something for you.

As to those wanting to know about the results of how much oil is being caught in the can check here

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=76522.

We had many people in the LX community ask us to manufacture a catch can for the LX based cars, and as a result of those requests we made one for our rides.

Thanks again to everyone who has purchased. You can also refer to our catch can group buy thread down in our vendor forum and read the comments made by folks who have purchased from us.

:)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I don't really understand the crazyness over BT stuff, but I will say this...

Now I could be wrong but it seems that a greater number of their members have torn into their motors. I'm talking heads, cam, bored, and stroked here. LXforums used to be a magnum forum, and those guys have had their cars a little while longer than us. So maybe a combination of those things have led to the current trend.
Its more like its a great product Great Customer service and great people. I for one love there stuff. thats Why I got it

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Its more like its a great product Great Customer service and great people. I for one love there stuff. thats Why I got it
I never said they don't have a great product and customer service. In fact I've come as close as having the credit card out of the wallet for a shifter or two of theirs, and the catch can is starting to grow on me. :grin:

However, what I don't understand is the way some forum members go absolutely ga-ga over anything BT releases. Or the members you see with the complete BT lineup on their car... as far as I'm concerned that is as tasteless as the people who buy every possible piece of chrome stick on crap that they make for the LX's.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sry guys but i dont get it. why do we need a catch can? why is there oil in our intake? hows the can stop it? thanks

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I never said they don't have a great product and customer service. In fact I've come as close as having the credit card out of the wallet for a shifter or two of theirs, and the catch can is starting to grow on me. :grin:

However, what I don't understand is the way some forum members go absolutely ga-ga over anything BT releases. Or the members you see with the complete BT lineup on their car... as far as I'm concerned that is as tasteless as the people who buy every possible piece of chrome stick on crap that they make for the LX's.
remember they come in more then just chrome! Thats what makes the mgreat you can persinalize almost all of there products. and its what makes your car stand out from the crowd!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
sry guys but i dont get it. why do we need a catch can? why is there oil in our intake? hows the can stop it? thanks
High output motors will push oil through that hose.

How does the can stop the oil from going back into the intake?
Well you replace the hose with this can, the can has two openings. One side goes to the intake with oil free air and the other hose that transports the oil goes into the other opening. When the oil comes down the tube it, falls into the can and stays there while that other opening has just air...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
might noid, how much oil have you produced since installation? How many miles?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts