Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Sale pending*

I'm putting my 18" Daytonas with black pockets up for sale. Both wheels and tires are in great shape, but I have an 05 and can't verify whether or not the 08 tpms are in working condition or not. The wheels won't be available to ship/pick up for about a week or so depending on when I get my car back from the body shop.

If there's a lot of interest I'll start a list of those whom are interested, however I've been burned in the past and will only hold the wheels for a day without payment.

I'd estimate the tires have about 40% tread life left, but I can post pics of treaddepth once the car is back in my possession.

Price: $550 plus shipping. I am willing to meet within 2 hours driving time for the cost of fuel and tolls.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
OMG

This may be the best thing that has ever happened to me.

How many miles are on the tires. I think I will be in need of new tires soon and depending on the quality/miles of your tread and the condition of the wheels....this may be exactly what I am looking for.

Please consider me the first to state interests.

That is, pending that you can get better pics of the wheels and tires.

I'd like to see, as many other sellers have done here in the past, pics of all wheels and close-ups of any and all blemishes on the rims or at least honest descriptions of any flaws. If you could put a penny in the tread, that would be good too.

I have been burned before too. I don't mean to disrespect you, I am just as cautious as you are. I live in Delaware, so I may try to meet up somewhere.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
OMG

How many miles are on the tires. I think I will be in need of new tires soon and depending on the quality/miles of your tread and the condition of the wheels....this may be exactly what I am looking for.

I'd like to see, as many other sellers have done here in the past, pics of all wheels and close-ups of any and all blemishes on the rims or at least honest descriptions of any flaws. If you could put a penny in the tread, that would be good too.

I have been burned before too. I don't mean to disrespect you, I am just as cautious as you are. I live in Delaware, so I may try to meet up somewhere.
That's awesome if this works out for you guys! :rocker: Good luck.

funk doctor, I don't know what your above statement that I put in bold says about you.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG

I'll get you current pictures as soon as my car is out of the body shop. If you click on the current pics above they will magnify in size, but you still can't judge tread depth. To my knowledge the wheels are in the exact condition as the pics above (only taken 2 months ago). As for mileage, I've only put about 1500 miles on them, but they were previously owned by another member. I'll send him a pm and ask if he recalls how many he had put on them.

If you decide to purchase them, we can meet at a rest stop on either the Turnpike or the Garden State, which ever you'd prefer.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
That's awesome if this works out for you guys! :rocker: Good luck.

funk doctor, I don't know what your above statement that I put in bold says about you.
Too funny. That does paint me to be pretty lame. :confused:

Background: Alot of people on here know I want to finish my Black Hornet off with the 06 Daytona wheels. I had it in my sig for a while last year and all. Occassionally I see them on here or eBay for a good price but shipping usually ruins the deal for me.

I have the same rims without pockets so spending too mcuch for such a subtle change isn't the smartest thing to do.

I was on here like a hawk last year looking for a set, but most were in other regions. I still receive PMs when people see a post about these type of wheels, which is how I found these so fast. Another forum member say them and knew I wanted them. It feels good to have people look out for you.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Background: Alot of people on here know I want to finish my Black Hornet off with the 06 Daytona wheels. I had it in my sig for a while last year and all. Occassionally I see them on here or eBay for a good price but shipping usually ruins the deal for me.

I have the same rims without pockets so spending too mcuch for such a subtle change isn't the smartest thing to do.

I was on here like a hawk last year looking for a set, but most were in other regions. I still receive PMs when people see a post about these type of wheels, which is how I found these so fast. Another forum member say them and knew I wanted them. It feels good to have people look out for you.
:rocker: That's what so great about this community!

While we're waiting on the Magnum, do you have any pics of the Hornet?

My father-in-law owns a restoration shop down in NC so we always get to see his new projects/toys when we pop down for a visit. This is one car that we always seem to miss seeing :D

Btw tomorrow I'll try to sneak down to the body shop and take some pics of the wheels and tires. Other than the coin/tread pic, are there any specific angles or shots you'd like?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Trust me..Ed aka: es7129 is a Great Man to do Business with...
Heya Ed..When you comming down Bud!!>?

Johnny

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

I completely know what you mean about being in search of the 18" Daytona wheels. I had been on the hunt for set a while back. I had a couple deals slip because I haggled too much on the price, so I finally saw a set for sale on here and snatched them up - I didn't want to let another set slip by. I still need to have them installed though.

Again, best of luck to you on this transaction. I hope it works out for you guys. :beerchug:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Trust me..Ed aka: es7129 is a Great Man to do Business with...
Heya Ed..When you comming down Bud!!>?

Johnny
Thanks Johnny!

My Academy date has been pushed back to September/October but I should know my exact date within the next couple of weeks. Cant wait to get to Oklahoma! On a bright note, I'll now be down there for college football :banana:

How's everything on your end? I hope your daughter is treating the SRT with love!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update:
I was able to get into the shop and take some additional pictures of the tires. I'd guess that treadlife is closer to 40% and there are a few imperfections in the wheels (all shown in the pics below.

I apologize for the wheels being dirty, but the car has been at the bodyshop for over a month.
Slight rash to the right rear:

Close up of slight bubbling around some of the centercaps:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still up for sale?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I feel like a troll, but I am going to have to back out on this purchase.

In a nutshell, I had to replace the rotors on my ride this past Friday so I could GET to LX & Beyond and then I spent more than I should have at the event.

I will have to pass on these rims.

I will watch these like a hawk and secretly pray that no one else buys them, but now isn't the time and it isn't right to ask you to wait. Also, knowing me something else always come up with me.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel like a troll, but I am going to have to back out on this purchase.

In a nutshell, I had to replace the rotors on my ride this past Friday so I could GET to LX & Beyond and then I spent more than I should have at the event.

I will have to pass on these rims.

I will watch these like a hawk and secretly pray that no one else buys them, but now isn't the time and it isn't right to ask you to wait. Also, knowing me something else always come up with me.

Good luck with the sale.
No worries :bigthumb:
grrrrrr!!!!!! :)
:beer_yum:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This scenario is probably unlikely, but I'd also consider trading the wheels plus my KW1 coilovers for a set of 20s and stock SRT suspension assuming the buyer can do the work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts