Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Until everyone gets back to work you could be in for a long wait. I cannot even get a phone case and screen protector delivered from Amazon. Lots of priorities ahead of me I guess.

I really love the color combination, and like someone else said, more of the interior needs to be caramel too. But I'm still jelly!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hopefully, FCA will be motivated to deliver all invoiced vehicles to keep a revenue stream going.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Until everyone gets back to work you could be in for a long wait. I cannot even get a phone case and screen protector delivered from Amazon. Lots of priorities ahead of me I guess.

I really love the color combination, and like someone else said, more of the interior needs to be caramel too. But I'm still jelly!
I agree; it would have also been nice if the door panels was Caramel accented, like the red and black interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That ordering timeline sounds essentially accurate.I believe my order was placed in mid-January. The build and delivery process was not particularly speedy at about eight weeks, but the activation of Power Dollars for 2020 Dodge vehicle models helped make the wait worth while. Although FCA reportedly is on hiatus from manufacturing new vehicles, it is unclear how this affects delivery of already built vehicles.
Same experience 8 weeks, parts allocated waiting to build. Then boom built and waiting to be shipped in a day.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow! Looks like you also have exclusive, one-off hybrid seats from FCA (SRT Laguna leather bolsters along with Alcantara inserts & Scat Pack logo.)
Your comment is intriguing. Not sure about the hybrid seats, but I did request a few changes from a contact at FCA.
Perhaps because I have purchased many FCA vehicles, FCA was very eager to accommodate my requests. But, this resulted in my vehicle going backward from D1, with a VIN, to C status for a while. Over the next few weeks, several “special equipment” codes were added to the order confirmation.
Then, after the car was built, it was sent to outside vendors by FCA for installation of unspecified “special equipment.” It was subsequently sent to another plant for rail shipping.
In any event, the vehicle is a real pleasure to drive, and looks sharp too. Many thanks to FCA!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow! Looks like you also have exclusive, one-off hybrid seats from FCA (SRT Laguna leather bolsters along with Alcantara inserts & Scat Pack logo.)
It's funny you say that because I was totally staring at those bolsters because they looked plush compared to others. I just thought that maybe on 2020 or Widebody they had a different treatment, his dealer installed SRT wheel threw me for a loop too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's funny you say that because I was totally staring at those bolsters because they looked plush compared to others. I just thought that maybe on 2020 or Widebody they had a different treatment, his dealer installed SRT wheel threw me for a loop too.
I think the appearance of the bolster is created by the nature of photography. The bolsters in the new car and my 2017 Charger Scat Pack, traded-in, feel identical and look the same in-person. This makes sense because I believe the shape of current Charger seats is the same, whether it is destined for an RT or Hellcat.
The steering wheel was easy; I bought the steering wheel and the dealership supplied the installation labor. The challenging part was figuring out the correct steering wheel wiring harness because there are three that can fit a variety of 2020 Chargers.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think the appearance of the bolster is created by the nature of photography. The bolsters in the new car and my 2017 Charger Scat Pack, traded-in, feel identical and look the same in-person. This makes sense because I believe the shape of current Charger seats is the same, whether it is destined for an RT or Hellcat.
The steering wheel was easy; I bought the steering wheel and the dealership supplied the installation labor. The challenging part was figuring out the correct steering wheel wiring harness because there are three that can fit a variety of 2020 Chargers.
I don't think so, I just went and looked at some Scat Packs with the Plus package Nappa/Alcantara seats and none of them had side bolsters (seat and upper) like the ones in your car. They're all just like my R/T with Plus package (except they have a Scat Pack Bee logo). Those bolsters are mostly Alcantara and only the little inch wide edge is Nappa leather. You're appear to be Laguna leather the entire bolster.

I don't recall Scat Packs having a Laguna option but the SRT 392 did and I wonder if your seats in the prior Scat were those? Maybe you requested the SRT interior previously?

You are right the "performance seat" is pretty much the same basic seat I had in my 2006 R/T R&T (same as Daytona) just now in my 2019 it isn't caprice vinyl anymore!

Here is what a 2020 Scat Pack with Plus package seats look like see the alcantara where yours looks like Laguna leather? Maybe this comes with the new color option or something? Just looks like the old SRT 392 or Hellcat seats.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I don't think so, I just went and looked at some Scat Packs with the Plus package Nappa/Alcantara seats and none of them had side bolsters (seat and upper) like the ones in your car. They're all just like my R/T with Plus package (except they have a Scat Pack Bee logo). Those bolsters are mostly Alcantara and only the little inch wide edge is Nappa leather. You're appear to be Laguna leather the entire bolster.

I don't recall Scat Packs having a Laguna option but the SRT 392 did and I wonder if your seats in the prior Scat were those? Maybe you requested the SRT interior previously?

You are right the "performance seat" is pretty much the same basic seat I had in my 2006 R/T R&T (same as Daytona) just now in my 2019 it isn't caprice vinyl anymore!

Here is what a 2020 Scat Pack with Plus package seats look like see the alcantara where yours looks like Laguna leather? Maybe this comes with the new color option or something? Just looks like the old SRT 392 or Hellcat seats.

I looked at pictures of the seats my traded-in 2017 Charger SP and they look like the seats in the picture you posted, but the bolster shape and feel are the same, sans the leather covered bolster.
Your comment caused me to poke around the Dodge website, and the seat covers on my new WB look like the Alcantara/Laguna seat cover with Caramel Alcantara. So perhaps this Is part of the several “Special Equipment” codes that were added to the order confirmation over several weeks.
I wish the car had been built with the Caramel door inserts pictured on the Dodge website. But at the end of the day, I am pleased with the new vehicle, and that it was delivered before the FCA shutdown.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Looks like the Hellcat Laguna seats with an Alcantara center section, guess the Caramel seats will all be this way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeah I totally see what you mean, on the dodge website if you build a scat pack with the carmel seats it shows the carmel upper door panel and it show them looking just like regular Scat Pack or R/T Plus package seats with carmel center section and bolsters in alcantara with the small napa strips.

What you have is totally like the Hellcat Laguna package which is another $995 option for Hellcats but you don't have the door inserts. Maybe that's just how it shook out and they will all be like that.

·
Super Moderator
11,525 Posts
Nice. Scat Pack but SRT mats and Steering wheel?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't know that I would have gone that interior color combo IMO but kudos for going different than black. Beautiful car, and it seems like you have a special one-off with all the factory customizations.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nice. Scat Pack but SRT mats and Steering wheel?
I don't know that I would have gone that interior color combo IMO but kudos for going different than black. Beautiful car, and it seems like you have a special one-off with all the factory customizations.
I figure that sharp color contrast between the Frostbite and Caramel is one reason FCA would originally not let me order it, until my special request was kindly granted. The Caramel looks much better in-person and I really enjoy it, as well as the rest of the new vehicle. Next up I am planning on ceramic coating and some graphics.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I figure that sharp color contrast between the Frostbite and Caramel is one reason FCA would originally not let me order it, until my special request was kindly granted. The Caramel looks much better in-person and I really enjoy it, as well as the rest of the new vehicle. Next up I am planning on ceramic coating and some graphics.
Everybody in quarantine and you're out spec-ing one-offs from FCA. 😄 I've never heard of any personalization requests ever even considered, unless you were the Sultan of Brunei

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The car was ordered in January and delivered before the current public health crisis caused shelter-in-place directives. There is no Sultan influence here. As noted in prior posts, I made a request to a contact within FCA, based on my many Dodge purchases over the years, to lift the ordering restriction for ordering the Caramel Interior with Frostbite Blue paint. And even then, the interior did not turn out as pictured on the door website. I was really hoping for the Caramel door inserts, but not so on delivery so it’s fine. As also explained in prior posts, the dealership was kind enough to install parts, like the Alcantara steering wheel.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts